Talk

Advanced search

Gold jewellery

(13 Posts)
monkeysmama Fri 02-Jul-10 09:07:40

It is my birthday next month and I think I'd like a gold necklace.

Where I grew up is the land of gold clowns on belcher chains and it put me off gold for a long time. I want something pretty but not too delicate.

I've had a look in a few places but am not sure where to look for nicer gold jewellery. It'll be a present from my sisters so don't want them to spend a fortune.

TIA.

moragbellingham Fri 02-Jul-10 09:16:27

Dinny Hall?
Very pretty stuff. Do you have lots of sisters though?

MmeLindt Fri 02-Jul-10 09:20:27

Monica Vinader is my favourite at the moment. Her rings are lovely, particularly the stacking rings.

I have the Candy rings and am often asked where I bought them.

dirtgirlworld Fri 02-Jul-10 12:28:35

go for clogau, its beautiful.I got a bracelet last year cost £150, its now worth 280!its the only gold i know to shoot up in value sooo much.

FGM Fri 02-Jul-10 14:41:47

Hi monkeysmama I have this sun pendant and I frequently get complimented on it. It's very fine and delicate and pretty with most things. My first <but not last> gold item.

Gold has rocketed in price- it cost ~£450 2 years ago!

FGM Fri 02-Jul-10 14:43:15

Oh, sorry didn't look at your budget- there are lots of things on that site that are more affordable!

mistressploppy Fri 02-Jul-10 14:46:18

Where are you, OP? Swag do lovely things if you're around London. Much more in their shops than online

monkeysmama Sun 04-Jul-10 20:47:01

Thanks for all the replies. Am in London so will have a look at Swag. I totally forgot about the high price of gold blush. Maybe it'll be Accessorize (spg?) for me!

FGM Sun 04-Jul-10 21:07:15

Have you checked out the "Made" stuff at john lewis and jigsaw?

budget friendly, africa friendly and defo ticks this season's box for "statement"

I have the large brass hoop necklace on jigsaw site too. 'Tis great.

FGM Sun 04-Jul-10 21:08:45

Hmm link not working but I'm sure you can find it wink

eshermummy Sun 04-Jul-10 21:18:18

hi MM I have a very pretty gold plated necklace by Dior. I got it discounted at Bicester village so think it was about £120. The only one I can find to link to online is this one but mine is prettier - has a little star (with diamantes) and a little heart and one little dangling "D" charm.
Am sure Selfridges would have a good selection or the Dior boutique itself.

monkeysmama Mon 05-Jul-10 09:21:08

Thanks again. Really like some of the Dior stuff Esher and just ordered one of the Dinny Hall pairs of earrings FGM so cheers!

maximus786 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:06:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now