Talk

Advanced search

OK show me what you would wear for a wedding please

(42 Posts)
nutcracker Mon 08-Aug-05 21:14:18

I need an outfit suitable for a christening and registry office wedding and meal.

Have tried on loads of things and nothing looks right.

So show me an outfit that you would wear please so I can get some idea ??

peaceandlight Fri 12-Aug-05 16:48:58

come on, someone....
i need to know this too
just can't find anything remotely fitting

MascaraOHara Fri 12-Aug-05 16:50:30

Personally I'd go for trousers, heeled sandals and a floaty top (poss trouser suit). Dressed up with a some pretty accessories

Gizmo Fri 12-Aug-05 16:55:29

I've got this dilemma, as well.

Added dimension: to hat or not to hat?

lilibet Fri 12-Aug-05 16:56:01

I like teal dress at the bottom

or black trousers and cream shirt if it's nearer to winter

nutcracker Fri 12-Aug-05 16:56:09

I forgot i'd started this thread

Still haven't found anything either.

MascaraOHara Fri 12-Aug-05 16:56:59

no hat unless you are family (I think)

Gizmo Fri 12-Aug-05 16:58:18

Hmmm, not family, but witness.

You see my dilemma?

MascaraOHara Fri 12-Aug-05 16:59:06

I wouldn't hat personally but I'd wear my hair up.

Gizmo Fri 12-Aug-05 17:01:31

With some sort of pretty comb/clip perhaps?

I think you're right: it's going to be a very small wedding and a hat might dominate a bit.

Fantastic, another case cracked by Mumsnet!

cod Fri 12-Aug-05 19:41:11

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Fri 12-Aug-05 19:44:12

Well I'm not family and I'm wearing a hat - bloody marvellous it is too. I'm wearing a cream linen dress from the Next summer catalogue. If you've got it, it's got no sleeves, v-neck, fitted at top and a-line at the bottom. Goes to just below knee and has brown and red beading round the neckline and has an embroided brown pattern round the bottom (not keen on that bit but the shape of the dress is really flattering). Wearing this wil brown hat, brown shoes (still to find - where do you get nice brown high heels from?) and brown bag (still to get).

nutcracker Fri 12-Aug-05 19:59:16

Hmmm ok hair up great, less stressful.

Will try and find a picie of an outfit i like.

cod Fri 12-Aug-05 19:59:48

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Fri 12-Aug-05 20:03:52

Probably did yeah but I always end up regretting what i've brought and never wear it again.

Haven't got a trouser suit no, is it a good investment then ?? Suppose I could wheel it out later for intervies etc.

cod Fri 12-Aug-05 20:04:55

Message withdrawn

loulabelle222 Fri 12-Aug-05 20:09:47

i got a dress for a wedding in cyprus from Karen Millen. It is beautiful and was expensive (dp payed hehe) but they are having a sale soon and there is some lovely dresses and occasion wear in there... it just depends how much you want to spend.

accesorize does lovely accessories. Instead of wearing a hat you could wear a head piece. Obivously doesn't have to be really over the top Ascot styles but there are some lovely ones in Debenhams in lots of different colours.

nutcracker Fri 12-Aug-05 20:12:54

I do like this but dunno if it is a bit boring ??

beetroot Fri 12-Aug-05 20:21:34

Message withdrawn

beetroot Fri 12-Aug-05 20:22:08

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Fri 12-Aug-05 20:22:43

Thats quite nice Beety and great price too.

bossykate Fri 12-Aug-05 20:23:08

nutty, you haven't given us much to go on... where do you normally buy your clothes? what size are you? what sort of thing are you looking for? have you seen anything you like but are not sure of?

nutcracker Fri 12-Aug-05 20:23:10

Ohh yeah like the 2nd one.

nutcracker Fri 12-Aug-05 20:25:21

Sorry your right bossykate i should have said.

I am a size 10/12, 5'3 and have biggish boobs.

I don't spend much on my clothes at all mainly because I go off them so quickly. Usually get most of my stuff from H&M, New Look, DP, but would go somewhere more exspensive for the right outfit.

bossykate Fri 12-Aug-05 20:34:21

ok...

have a look at Monsoon . go to "women" for a wedding outfit that would last for other occasions in future i thought...

"rhapsody"
"sienna"
or a bit more outre and boho "morella"

i think any of those would suit your figure - maybe the first 2 best - could be tarted up/down depending on shoes/accessories, and therefore could be more of a wardrobe staple than just an outfit for 1 particular event...

hth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now