Talk

Advanced search

Who else does NOT wear make-up at work?

(48 Posts)
Milliways Sat 30-Jul-05 15:19:07

I have never worn much make-up & have never worn it at work. I think it's really funny how ill some people look if they have just not "put their face on" in the morning.

I wouldn't have time in the morning, & I hate washing/wiping it all off. I DO wear it for parties, going out etc, and think it's nice to see a difference, but don't want to rely on it.

Last year didn't take ANY on holiday (beach with the kids, BBQ at night etc so no real point anyway).

How many other naked faces are out there?

geogteach Sat 30-Jul-05 15:21:26

Me, far too lazy

morningpaper Sat 30-Jul-05 15:23:01

Me - can't be arsed!

Wear for nights out (rare). Look much better with it on but don't really care ENOUGH.

spursmum Sat 30-Jul-05 15:23:17

I only ever wear make up out or for a special do. Never saw the point in getting all made up for work!! Not a morning person so would never have the time to put my "face" on!!

Milliways Sat 30-Jul-05 15:25:10

Anyone else have to face customers/general public bare as well.

Glad I'm not alone - I am the only one in my (large) workplace though.

geogteach Sat 30-Jul-05 15:27:05

Do room fulls of 11-18 year olds count as public?!

eldorado Sat 30-Jul-05 15:27:42

I work in one of the high street banks and we are "encouraged" to wear make up. I don't. I don't have the time to be up, get ds out to childminder and me to work. I don't see the point in all the ones i work with getting so dolled up for work. I too only wear it if I am out to dinner or something special.

Milliways Sat 30-Jul-05 15:27:45

Definately - aren't thet the mot critical?

edam Sat 30-Jul-05 15:28:00

When I was young I once applied for, and got a job, but was warned by the manager 'you'll be expected to wear make-up at work you know'. Dozy old bat didn't realise I was wearing make up but applied much more discreetly than her obvious orange muck... I took it as a compliment!

Afraid I do wear make up before leaving the house... effects of age and all that. Respect to the bare faces though.

Milliways Sat 30-Jul-05 15:28:34

<<<must check spelling>>>

"They most critical" even

spursmum Sat 30-Jul-05 15:29:46

I worked in a pub, hospital and a video shop all bare faced. Didn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not oil painting but still couldn't be bothered!!! I'm soooo lazy!!

happymerryberries Sat 30-Jul-05 15:32:32

I hardly ever wear make up. I don't wear any on a day to day basis

edam Sat 30-Jul-05 15:34:17

So are all the non-make up wearers natural beauties with flawless complexions? I'm too vain/insecure to venture out of the house without emphasising the good bits and doing my best to hide my weak points...

Milliways Sat 30-Jul-05 15:34:44

Errrrr...

No

happymerryberries Sat 30-Jul-05 15:36:04

No I'm not flawless, just can't be arsed!

edam Sat 30-Jul-05 15:38:58

hmb, aren't you a teacher? Have you had any comments from your pupils? I'm just curious about the reaction to non-make up wearers (because I'm too cowardly to do go bare myself) and teenagers tend not to hide what they are thinking...

happymerryberries Sat 30-Jul-05 15:42:24

Pah, I laugh in the face of teenage abuse

I honestly don't realy care what I look like. I'm always clean and 'presentable' but other than that I don't worry tbh!

If they piss me off I just imagine the face behind the counter at Mac Ds saying ' Do you want to make that large?'

I can out think them, that is all that matters!

Caligula Sat 30-Jul-05 15:44:27

HMB! D'you ever say that to them?

Caligula Sat 30-Jul-05 15:45:02

I don't, btw, but I work from home!

happymerryberries Sat 30-Jul-05 15:46:02

No, but I think it! Evil, that is me!

toothyboy Sat 30-Jul-05 15:47:05

Only wear make up for "going out". Like the others, just can't be arsed the rest of the time. Fortunately bypassed the phase as a teenager of plastering it on, so have never been in the habit of wearing it! And no, am not a natural beauty with a flawless complexion!

expatinscotland Sat 30-Jul-05 15:48:14

Not mine. I don't go w/o make-up even to go down the shops.

Prufrock Sat 30-Jul-05 15:56:27

I rarely wore make-up to work in my prekids days, or if I did, it was nothing more than a quick whizz of mascara and nudish lip gloss. But when i went back to work pre dd, I made a point of getting up earlier in the morning to apply flawless slap - it was as if I wanted to prove to them, and myself, that I wasn't a frazzled working mother but a competent professional. i actually managed to carry it on for about a month before I realised how ridiculous I was.

morningpaper Sat 30-Jul-05 19:38:16

Do make-up wearers really NOTICE us no-make-up wearers? Do we stand out with our obvious blemishes?! It's not something I think about much.

Libb Sat 30-Jul-05 19:47:55

Despite carrying enough make up to keep Jordan happy I never wear it because I never get round to putting it on! Good intentions and all that. I also think it makes me look tired so obviously need to improve my technique, I am not 20 anymore!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now