Talk

Advanced search

My wide feet need some shoes!

(17 Posts)
scotgirl Wed 14-Apr-10 14:09:19

I have really wide feet - probably a Clarks H and shoe shopping is something I dread. I'm ok in winter because boots seem to fit (M&S are good) but spring summer is a nightmare.. I am a size 6.5/ 7 so at least that side of things is ok!

I am into dresses at the moment but cannot find anything smart but sensible (I have DS 4 & 2) and need to walk. I can't wear pumps as they are too narrow and never stay on my feet. I do find flip flops work well and I got a few ideas from the leather flip flop thread.

Anyone else got any ideas. I hate trailing round the shoe shops and it is always so embarrassing when you can't get your feet in the shoes!

mamazon Wed 14-Apr-10 14:10:56

Evans do shoes that are extra wide. and they really are.

they are quite inexpensive too

GrimmaTheNome Wed 14-Apr-10 14:15:16

My feet spread after I'd had DD - couldn't wear any Italian shoes any more, but there's a German brand that fits well - Gabor I think. (from Debenhams, probably other places too). If you try somewhere like that or Clinkards that stock lots of brands you may have better luck than places that just do their own brand.

101handbags Wed 14-Apr-10 15:41:06

Try the wide fitting shoes on this site. I admit, there are a lot of frumpy things, but I have had some nice wedge sandals from here in the past. Hope you see something you like.

Viva La Diva

Oblomov Wed 14-Apr-10 15:53:13

I have very wide feet. As wide as they are long. nearly. seriously.
watching with interest.

lukewarmcupoftea Wed 14-Apr-10 15:55:47

Second Evans

Also El Naturalista and DMs (eg from amazon) do some nice clogs/sandals

Mine are size 8 extra wide. I sympathise....

Feelingsensitive Wed 14-Apr-10 15:57:34

Next and M&S. I also steer towards round toe Mary Jayne type shoes as these are more forgiving.

neversaydie Wed 14-Apr-10 17:07:48

Duo are pretty good for width-fit shoes, as well as the boots.

tethersend Wed 14-Apr-10 20:03:52

Loads here, but again, trawl through the dross and there are some really nice ones.

Also check out Evans in store, as their online selection is pretty limited.

New Look and Primark also do wide fit shoes- New Look ones are really good, honestly! Again though, there are more in store than online.

LolKay Fri 23-Apr-10 15:22:43

I have both big calves and wide feet so getting nice footwear is a difficult task. Also you have to be prepared to spend a fair bit to get good shoes. I used to buy the cheap ones for 5 or 10 pounds but they are excrutiatingly painful to wear. It is false economy really.

I saw this article when I was hunting for the solution to my problem and it gives some good advice on wide shoes:

Review of Wide Fitting Shoes

Hope this helps!

Barbabelle Fri 23-Apr-10 19:10:40

What about this sort of thing? Or these red ones are quite sweet and seem to come up very wide according to reviews.

My feet aren't ever so wide, but I do empathise with that awful 'ugly sister' thing in the shoe shops. I've taken to ordering on-line now and it's great. Took delivery of these today. First time I've bought shoes from M&S but I love them. They do free returns if it doesn't work out.

AuntieMaggie Fri 23-Apr-10 19:12:44

Ditto Evans - sometimes they're too wide for my feet!

duckyfuzz Fri 23-Apr-10 20:12:40

I have wide size 8 feet and hate shoe shopping, but duo are good, also camper I find a good width and I have just got some boden satin pumps which are a good fit too, other boden shoes usually too narrow

WingedVictory Fri 23-Apr-10 21:25:35

Van Dal shoes are great. Very accommodating, but look very classic, and are of good quality (they can also be repaired - re-heeled, re-soled, etc. - so should last!) John Lewis stock them.

hjaerup Wed 15-Jun-11 21:51:19

I can recommend a new website with links to online shops selling wide shoes (among other categories). The address is http://www.sizes4you.com.

Ixia Wed 15-Jun-11 22:04:20

My feet also spread after having DD (didn't realise this also happens to other people!). I buy from Evans and M&S wide range, also there's a guy on Ebay who makes wide shoes, but styles /colours are v. limited, although v. good value.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mary-Jane-Handmade-Shoes-Colour-Purple-001-/370517203084?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item9503a972d6#ht_1176wt_1139

I get a bit peed off that wide ranges are often frumpy (Clarks, take note), is there a connection between being old and having wide feet??

pollypanties Mon 24-Feb-14 08:24:15

new look do have a wide fit range also next have a wide and an xtra wide fit shoes and evans too. hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now