Talk

Advanced search

Grrrr - where can I buy an anorak for DS

(15 Posts)
Pagan Wed 20-Jul-05 16:01:38

Yup coz it's summer I can't get him anything remotely waterproof or cosy. I live in Scotland FFS, it chucks it down most of the time here so you would think that there would be somewhere that would stock stuff - any ideas anyone?? I need something by the weekend for going off in our caravan holiday

nailpolish Wed 20-Jul-05 16:03:12

where are you? j and b sports in dundee have a ginormous sale on just now of everything in their stock, including winter stuff, or have you tried camping shops?

Aimsmum Wed 20-Jul-05 16:03:50

Message withdrawn

KBear Wed 20-Jul-05 16:04:17

How old is he?

Millets, camping shops? You can't be in highlands cos everywhere you turn there are shops selling coats!

hoxtonchick Wed 20-Jul-05 16:05:36

how old is he pagan? i have lots of wintery stuff from ds including coats, from when he was about 9-12 months. i could have a look & see if there's anything suitable for you.

Pagan Wed 20-Jul-05 17:13:33

We'll be heading off to the highlands so perhaps I'll get lucky in shop up there. I'm in Glasgow at the mo and just back from East Kilbride shopping Centre. They did have stuff for girls but nothing for boys.

Hoxtonchick - thanks very much for the offer but DS is 6 months old.

I'll instruct DH to have a look in GAP and Millets. I'm too hot and bothered to go shopping again with the double buggy

Thanks for all your posts

CiaoLeo Wed 20-Jul-05 18:00:40

try millets....they are an outdoor shop and have some nice kids waterproofs, otherwise how about littlewoods? They stock Regatta in adults so i'm sure they will for kids too, or maybe sports shops like Allsports or JD Sports.

vickiyumyum Wed 20-Jul-05 18:07:00

asda, next?
next normally do a fold away mac in all of their seasons collections.

charliecat Wed 20-Jul-05 18:12:42

BHS had some in today

Nbg Wed 20-Jul-05 18:13:57

There on sale at Mothercare. Got one for £4.50.

vickiyumyum Wed 20-Jul-05 18:17:17

what about this waterproofcape

or this packamac

these are the only ones i could find online that do from 3 months.

anorak Wed 20-Jul-05 18:35:22

I'm sorry, I can't be bought you know

MarsLady Wed 20-Jul-05 18:37:03

Next have a GORGEOUS one currently. It's navy blue with a monkey on the back. The monkey is a pocket that the mac folds into. It becomes a little monkey backpack.

I bought one for DT2, he looks so lovely in it!

marthamoo Wed 20-Jul-05 18:38:51

Ds2 has that monkey mac too - it is so cute (even though I am starting to hate the Next monkey).

marthamoo Wed 20-Jul-05 18:39:32

No you can't anorak - you're priceless

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now