Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what to wear for work?

(11 Posts)
DionneUK Wed 20-Jul-05 11:21:36

I work in the village cobbelery, just me and the owner. I am really sick to death of wearing black trousers and a white shirt....very boring and frumpy for my 21 years of age!!! Do you think I would get away with wearing smart denim cropped trousers, a smart brown vest top and a cream cardi or will it be too casual?

DionneUK Wed 20-Jul-05 11:31:38

anyone?

northerner Wed 20-Jul-05 12:06:24

That sounds fine to me. Very chic.

DionneUK Wed 20-Jul-05 12:19:19

Thanks Northerner, are u in manchester by any chance?

Eaney Wed 20-Jul-05 12:37:51

What is the owner like? I'd say go for it.

DionneUK Wed 20-Jul-05 12:41:06

He is OK. A married guy in his 40s so he doesnt have an ounce of style. He wears checked shirts with beige shorts and socks and pumps!

DionneUK Wed 20-Jul-05 12:41:32

he is pretty laid back but im sure he would tell me if he wasn't happy.

Eaney Wed 20-Jul-05 12:52:48

Go for it.Women get away with a lot more in the work place imo.

CiaoLeo Wed 20-Jul-05 13:09:30

its me dionneuk with a name change....

if he starts on me saying i dont look smart enough, or somethink, i'll just flutter my eyes and flirt outrageously!

mancmum Thu 21-Jul-05 10:46:39

sounds spot on to me... you have years to wear black trousers and white shirts when you get to my age -- go for young and trendy and funky whilst you can....

<< mancmum adjust elasticated waist of black trousers>>

Skribble Fri 22-Jul-05 01:58:46

I have started wearing pastel shirts and "tops" but I love red and have lots of red shirts. I wanted a change from black trousers and got 2 pairs of tweady look trousers in brown, one with a delicate check. Goes really nice with cream or pinky tones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now