Talk

Advanced search

HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND ON CLOTHES?????

(22 Posts)
MaloryTowers Mon 18-Jul-05 13:58:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Iklboo Mon 18-Jul-05 14:02:29

Not a massive amount but what p*sses me off is that DH & I went into a shop to but T-shirts. His was about £4 cheaper than mine, despite mine obviously having less material. Same shop too. No design or pattern on either.. The difference? His was navy blue and mine was pastel blue.
Women can't help spending more on their clothes cos the shops charge us more

sweetmonkey Mon 18-Jul-05 14:07:21

im terrible with catalogues, espesh when the sales stuff comes through or the buy now pay next year.

twirlaround Mon 18-Jul-05 14:11:44

Lots - but sell stuff afterwards on ebay
Am forever buying armfuls from Gap & Noa Noa

Donbean Mon 18-Jul-05 14:15:40

me £30 per month, some times i dont bother and spend £0
DS aprox £10 per month.
Its not some thing im interested in particularly.
I loath clothes shopping and REFUSE point blank to pay high prices of mail order etc.
Tend to go to Next or George or Tesco but always always buy in sales, put away for next year etc.

You are all gasping in HORROR aren't you

MaloryTowers Mon 18-Jul-05 14:22:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Smurfgirl Mon 18-Jul-05 20:54:53

£100 ish a month. Depends. I am broke at the moment, so about £30 a month.

blueteddy Mon 18-Jul-05 21:10:54

Too much recently!!!
I have been a bit stressed out recently & that always makes me spend money to make myself feel better!
Also, there are sales everywhere ATM!
I keep buying things on the FCUK website, as they have a 75% off sale!
I love the stuff from there, but it is FAR too expensive when full price!

expatinscotland Mon 18-Jul-05 21:11:53

Next to nothing. If it's not a gift from my mom, it's from a charity shop.

fqueenzebra Mon 18-Jul-05 21:14:14

ditto, expat...

vickiyumyum Mon 18-Jul-05 21:29:16

eek far too much, i'm not going to tell you all how much as you all seem to be v.modest and i'm emabrrased. lets just say too much!

spykid Mon 18-Jul-05 21:30:07

Can I just point out how very little persuasion was needed to lure Mal T back to the boden website>>>>>>>>>>>>heheheheeeee!!!!!!

vickiyumyum Mon 18-Jul-05 21:33:41

spykid - i'm sure there wasn't! its just too tempting
i just have to say i hate it when i'm holding out for stuff in the sales and the shop holds the items i want back for another couple of weeks, i'm sure its because they know i'll buy something else anyway!!

Miaou Mon 18-Jul-05 21:33:56

I have spent a total of about £40 on maternity clothes this year (mostly ebay/mumsnet) - other than that, zilch.

I would love love love to update my (post preggers) wardrobe after the baby is born, as most of it is at least 5 years old and some 10 years old - but I doubt I will have the money so will have to stick to the same old things for another year!

spykid Mon 18-Jul-05 21:36:10

I deffo fall into the little and often catagory, I just love th e shopping buzz.
I tend to wait for the sales, esp. french connection, gap, next,zara, oh and lurve primark for throw away fashion!

kama Mon 18-Jul-05 21:37:51

Message withdrawn

BadHair Mon 18-Jul-05 21:38:35

I spend hardly anything, maybe £20 in Tescos or Asda now and again. I did spend £20 on t-shirts this year when I suddenly realised that the only ones I had were 5 years old and had been worn and washed through 2 pregnancies. And looked it.
Occasionally get stuff from charity shops or the last few days of the Monsoon sale when the clothes are actually cheaper than the supermarkets.
Having said that, I did buy a top in the Boden sale last summer, then promptly tumble dried it so it shrunk, so it's probably a good thing that I don't spend much.

teeavee Mon 18-Jul-05 21:39:44

i try not to ocunt.....until it hurts where it matters.....in the overdraft
however, I wait for the sales with almost everything, and I've just bought a diesel denim jacket for £10 for my dp off ebay..........+ loads of stuff for ds in the sales, often stuff for next year though

spykid Mon 18-Jul-05 21:40:23

Yup, I do the ds's for next year in the sales too

dyzzidi Tue 19-Jul-05 13:01:48

I am terrible for spending money on cllothes. We go to the States every two years and i always save around £2000 just to spend on clothes, shoes, bags etc. I don't often buy stuff here and do stress that I save this money before I go and if I don't have it I don't spend it. I never put clothes on a credit card.

Listmaker Tue 19-Jul-05 13:13:20

I never go shopping - too much hassle with 2 dds! But I'm obviously a devoted Next catalogue shopper because I've been given a VIP slot for theie sales and get to shop for an hour on Thursday before everyone else gets a chance!! Great but I dread to think how much I must have spent for such a perk - never happened before! But have doubled my hours at work since last Sept so have been 'treating' myself more often!!

Lucycat Tue 19-Jul-05 13:36:20

Not much on me - I love eBay and Asda, more on the dd's, but then hope they don't ruin the expensive stuff so I can sell it again when they've grown out of it,

Now if the question was about wine..........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now