Talk

Advanced search

Urgent advice on Mulberry Antony messenger bag

(22 Posts)
sailorsgal Sun 21-Feb-10 17:25:46

Has anyone got one of these?

I am bidding on one on Ebay. The seller has receipt, dustbag etc and excellent feedback.

It looks slightly different on the front of the bag compared to the Mulberry Website which is making me suspicious. It was bought last year so maybe Mulberry have changed its style.

I

peachygirl Sun 21-Feb-10 18:07:14

My friend has one and it is lovely.

Too expensive for me...sad

sailorsgal Sun 21-Feb-10 18:26:43

I shouldn't bid on Ebay on impulse.

I just had a Louis Vuitton before xmas. blush

joliejolie Sun 21-Feb-10 18:38:20

The outlet special Antony's don't have the front pocket. It is a useful bag, though I hate that the flap always pops up and only stays down if the bag is virtually empty.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 21-Feb-10 19:25:38

I have one and I love it. The leather is so soft, it's really a lovely bag.

sailorsgal Sun 21-Feb-10 19:33:46

The one I bid on is totally smooth on the front with no logo on the front.

I tried to retract my bid but the seller is a bit pissed off with me now. Maybe it is the outlet one.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 21-Feb-10 20:08:48

Mine is last years, the large size.

It has a pocket on the front and the Mulberry logo.

joliejolie Sun 21-Feb-10 20:43:29

Yes sailorsgirl, the outlet specials are sold at a discounted price and have no pocket on the front. There should also be a little embossed Mulberry tree on the bottom front (depends on whether it is the small or large size where this is).

It might still be authentic, just sold for a discounted price at the Mulberry website.

sailorsgal Sun 21-Feb-10 20:53:27

I got outbid. Bit relieved really. I should just go up to the outlet store at Shepton Mallet.

They are lovely bags and I like the fact they go across the body.

I need two hands free to keep ds in control.grin

faustina Sun 21-Feb-10 21:56:26

if you ever feel the urge to bid on a mulberry again, visit a site called the purse forum - you'll have to google it (sorry)

- they have a whole section for mulberry, and a thread where you can post a link to the ebay item, and the experts who are lovely women, will authenticate it for you before you bid.

So many of the bags on ebay are fakes - very convincing ones too - it's not worth buying unless you know what you're doing.

I hope you find one soon!

MoochaMee Tue 26-Feb-13 23:13:19

Hi,
Anyone know if the Antony has a zip at the back? please

carrie74 Wed 27-Feb-13 11:22:43

Zombie thread!

But no, mine doesn't (Anthony large)

mintymellons Wed 27-Feb-13 11:57:15

Ooh, I had this issue a few years back with an Antony messenger.

I saw one in the outlet shop here in York - it was lovely but still cost over £200. Anyway, I went online and found what I thought was the same thing on Ebay for quite a bit less. I bought it but when it arrived, it just wsn't the same as the one in the shop. I was soo disappointed and ended up returning it to the Ebay shop and having a huge debate with the seller about the description she'd put on it.

I then went to the Mulberry shop and bought the one I'd originally liked. This was about four years ago and I use it lots, it's lovely. So versatile, simple and stylish. Mine is the larger size and has a front pocket. It's a gorgeous dark orange/tan leather.

HTH

justaweeone Wed 27-Feb-13 19:19:28

I bought a dark grey one from the mulberry outlet and it has a silver fastener which I have never seen before

RayofSun Wed 27-Feb-13 23:10:00

Just, how long agin was that? I NEED a grey mulberry in my life. And which outlet?!

justaweeone Thu 28-Feb-13 07:27:23

It was about 18 mths ago(sorry)
I got mine from Bicester

MoochaMee Sun 28-Apr-13 13:47:31

Noticed some of the small size Antony in John Lewis, and sure they never had a logo on the front? will go back next chance and re-check
Anyone know if the new ones are logo free?
I really love that bag :D

apple9631 Fri 07-Feb-14 15:15:41

Hi, sorry to trouble you and know this is an old thread. I was just wondering what you paid for your grey mulberry messenger bag? And was the strap grey also? Thank you ever so much.

bishboschone Sun 09-Feb-14 13:31:13

I have a large Antony I bought from mulberry outlet in bicester . It has a zip along the top and a pocket on the front with the same strap as normal one. It was only £290 so don't pay too much of you get one on ebay .

justaweeone Sun 09-Feb-14 15:22:14

I paid £175 I think for my grey one from the Bicester outlet store.

Edita75 Sun 30-Apr-17 17:43:36

Hi there,

I know this thread is from 2014 but could anyone advise how much a small Antony bag costs at Bicester or any other outlet as never been to any and have no clue how much to bid on eBay smile

Thanks

SpeckledyHen Sun 30-Apr-17 19:39:03

As there are many fakes it would be prudent to get the bag authenticated on The Purse Forum before bidding to be on the safe side . If you go onto the Mulberry sub - forum in the shopping section you will see it . ( sorry can't add a link )

If you call any of the Mulberry outlets they will be able to tell you the latest price if they get any in . I was at Bicrster last week and didn't see any that day .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now