Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

nice l-o-o-o-ng belt wanted plse - on the net ideally.

(33 Posts)
aloha Mon 04-Jul-05 17:58:15

My jeans slide down inexorably without a belt (not due to extreme slimness or anything ) so I need a decent belt. Want a nice, good quality one that will fit a wibbly size 16 . Most don't IME. Ideally something classic but maybe slightly decorative/interesting. Not Hermes or anything but doesn't have to be super cheap as will wear and wear it.
Must be on net as atm I think I will never see the inside of a decent shop again.
TIA!

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 18:00:18

this ?
not sure how long, long is IFYKWIM

lockets Mon 04-Jul-05 18:00:40

Message withdrawn

sallystrawberry Mon 04-Jul-05 18:01:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallystrawberry Mon 04-Jul-05 18:01:28

aloha Mon 04-Jul-05 18:03:29

Wow, you lot are fantastic. That Red Direct one looks just the ticket! Will investigate after going downstairs to see why ds is shouting 'look Mummy, I am being Inky Mouse"...aaargh.

aloha Mon 04-Jul-05 18:04:15

Thanks SS too!

lou33 Mon 04-Jul-05 18:09:20

just went looking for a belt today, went into new look and got a canvas adjustable belt for a pound!

would go from0 to about a 20 i reckon

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 18:10:17

but aloha needs to be able to get in online. Do new look have a website?

sallystrawberry Mon 04-Jul-05 18:12:39

lou33 Mon 04-Jul-05 18:14:56

no idea, couldn't bring myself to spend so much on a belt tho, hence feeling pleased with myself. It doesn't look like the sort belts on the links anyway, so probably not what aloha would have in mind

aloha Mon 04-Jul-05 18:32:36

Lou, I had a one pound canvas belt from Primark (does yours have metal studs all the way around?) and it is v nice...except it certainly doesn't go up to a size 20! In fact it kept bursting open and then the metal bits fell out
Thought it was a cool thing, but not on me.
BTW, you are slender slip of thing so of course it looked vast to you

lou33 Mon 04-Jul-05 18:36:45

no it doesn't, i have one of those too in brown

it has a sliding buckle, the belt is really long, light khaki canvas, with some stripes in it, reduced toa a pound. they had quite a few on sale

am a size 8 on the bottom atm, the end of the belt goes round to the middle of my back, so its pretty long imo

lou33 Mon 04-Jul-05 18:37:14

ps, metal bits fell out of my primark one as well

aloha Mon 04-Jul-05 18:45:25

Honestly, it costs a whole pound and then falls apart!
Don't think I'll be getting to New Look any time soon, sadly. So will have to remortgage for Red belt , but not that one as have realised it is 5cm wide which is too wide for belt loops.
Red have v nice belts (IMO) with decorative buckles, but will these look as dated as ponchos in about five minutes' time? Please say no!

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 18:52:29

sorry aloha but I think they are lovely and I actually don't think that's too bad a price as it's leather and I do think that good accessories make a big difference.

not that I am imelda you understand

aloha Mon 04-Jul-05 18:57:03

it is a lovely belt KR, and the price is no prob - it's just wider than the loops on my jeans!
Thanks for finding the site - I now need to choose something from there....

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 18:58:11

no I meant the other ones with the buckles.
try warehouse and topshop online too, they may have something good.

aloha Mon 04-Jul-05 19:04:48

but do you think the buckles will date fast though? I like them too.

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 19:07:54

no I don't really. As long as you don't intend to wear with cowboy boots and a stetson

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 19:08:52

also sometimes I think it can be good to buy something just a bit 'fashion'. Due to budgetary and age constraints I'm not big into fashion but something like this can bring you up to date a bit (god I sound ancient!)

aloha Mon 04-Jul-05 19:09:15

how did you know about my stetson

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 19:15:42

HA. I'd probably steer clear of anything fringed too

reddirect has some lovely stuff though, DO NOT look at the bags

lou33 Mon 04-Jul-05 19:17:29

i hate those belts that i see all over the place atm, sort of round bits of leather joined together, and the end dangles down over the hip

katierocket Mon 04-Jul-05 19:18:17

yes lou agree
unless of course you are Sienna
talking of which did you see her in those cut of leggings and milkmaids top. Now if I wore that....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now