Talk

Advanced search

permanent blow dry

(96 Posts)
ColdBunny Sun 10-Jan-10 16:58:09

Has anyone tried this? I have read about the one at Daniel Hersheson in London, but it really is expensive. Is it worth it? Does it look strange when your hair starts growing?

thedollshouse Sun 10-Jan-10 17:06:20

I have heard of it but can't believe it works. I'm sure it wouldn't on my hair anyway.

ColdBunny Sun 10-Jan-10 17:18:09

my hair is not too curly, just messy and with a mind of it own when it comes to being blow dried. It doesn't help that I am bloody useless at it either.

ironlikealion Sun 10-Jan-10 17:35:11

My friend had it done in Singapore, it looked gorgeous and then gradually grew out but it never looked horrible. It's a bit like having a straight perm.

ColdBunny Sun 10-Jan-10 18:35:18

Thanks Ironlikealion. Maybe I'll save up for it and then write a review here. It will be a few months though...

LaurieFairyCake Sun 10-Jan-10 19:12:03

2 people have had it done on here, there was a thread last year about it - I'm rubbish at searching but have a look for it - they reviewed it very positively smile

I have them. Every 12 weeks. Also known as 'brazilian blowdry'. I have v curly hair and with the blow dry it becomes a soft wave and it takes me about a 5th of the amount of time to style,the curl gradually comes back over the 12 weeks, but it's never got as unruly as it used to be. For someone with a baby and a toddler the efficiency savings are well worth the £150. I don't know what i did before!

TuttiFrutti Mon 11-Jan-10 13:53:01

Where do you get it done? Is it only at top London hairdressers or can you get it elsewhere?

RamblingRosa Mon 11-Jan-10 14:42:57

I was one of the people who had it done grin. It is great. I doesn't make your hair poker straight like the Yuko system but it does make your hair more manageable and silky and easier to handle.

Basically, I have a lot more "good hair days"now.

I got it done for £145 in London.

ColdBunny Mon 11-Jan-10 18:36:26

BurningBunting and RamblingRosa, can you share the name of your London saloons? The ones I have found charge in excess of £200. Thanks.

ColdBunny Mon 11-Jan-10 18:59:44

I found the old thread! I REALLY want this now.

MaggieMnaSneachta Mon 11-Jan-10 22:46:21

somebody on another forum was raving about this...

it's 150 euro though. I'm hmming and hawwing about it.

RamblingRosa Tue 12-Jan-10 09:38:06

I went to a lovely salon called Brooke and Brooke on Scicillian Avenue. I highly recommend it. The blowdry was £145 and she did a quick trim for an extra £20. I've seen it advertised for similar prices at a few salons round here. There's one called Colour Nation in Covent Garden which charges something similar but I didn't like the vibe of the salon as much.

I need to get it re-done actually. I had it done at the end of October and it's starting to look like it needs a trim and it's getting frizzy/fluffy again.

ironlikealion Tue 12-Jan-10 14:46:09

Ooh lovely florist on Sicilian Avenue too and you can visit the British Museum - I like it round there!

RamblingRosa Tue 12-Jan-10 15:14:38

Yes, it's a really lovely salon too. Not too pushy. Free sweeties in reception area. Friendly stylists. I'm a bit of a hairdresser-phobe and always get an inferiority complex in big salons. This one's really down to earth (yet quite glam and posh). I definitely recommend. Might book myself in for an appointment in a few weeks...

kdk Tue 12-Jan-10 15:31:09

do you think it would work on curly hair just to tame it? I don't really want to lose my curls just the frizz and would love not to have to soak my hair every morning to stop looking like a cross between an angry brillo pad and Albert Einstein

RamblingRosa Tue 12-Jan-10 15:35:01

Yes, I think it does work on curly hair. It doesn't straighten really. It just tames and de-frizzes and makes more manageable. The curl would probably just be looser and smoother.

kdk Tue 12-Jan-10 15:40:43

may have to start saving pennies ... or ebay the kids ...

Vics13 Mon 29-Mar-10 14:38:21

Hi there,

For those of you who are interested in the permanent blow wave, I also looked into it, and only found it on the Daniel Hersheson salon in Mayfair, the price was over £300, I booked myself in as it had been highly recommended. Then I found it cheaper in a salon in Bolton, Lancashire, so I booked myself in here instead, the cost was only £130, so a lot cheaper. I was very nervous but went along and had the treatment done, it was painless, my hair looked quite thick and felt full of product after it was finished, I then had to wait 4 days until I could wash it, which was the hard part, then when I washed it, it was amazing, I just blow dryed it roughly (without a brush) and my gosh, my hair was straight and very healthy looking. This has lasted for four months, and only now am I having to use my hair straightners.

I have just had the process repeated at a different salon for a cost of £100 which included the shampoo and conditioner, but the results are not the same as the previous salon, my hair is still straighter, but the process was obviously not done as well.

For those who have questions just drop me a line.

Cheers,

Vics

mummee09v Mon 29-Mar-10 14:42:59

wow sounds great, i have really frizzy, thick, curly hair, which takes loads of taming!

could anyone link to the original thread please?

champagnesupernova Mon 29-Mar-10 14:54:25

hmm what if your hair is sort of straightish with an occasional wave
how does it work?

ColdBunny Mon 29-Mar-10 20:40:30

yes, it does. I went to Brooks and Brooks after starting this post. I paid £145 including the shampoos and my hair has been really easy to manage since then (6 weeks now). It is still a bit wavy if I don't use the brush, but definitely straighter and in great condition.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Mon 29-Mar-10 20:43:55

I'm all excited about this! Last time I was at my hairdresser (in Cheltenham), he was looking in to it, and I reckon I'll be first in the queue (once he's tried it out on a few guinea pigs, obv!)

mummee09v Mon 29-Mar-10 21:07:08

isn't it just chemical straightening though? surely that cant be good for your hair?

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Mon 29-Mar-10 22:19:52

My hairdresser tells me it conditions your hair, and the more you have it done the better the conditioning effect.

Don't know what chemicals are used, though - obviously worth looking into.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now