Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

straightening my hair

(6 Posts)
ManchesterMomma Sun 19-Jun-05 18:46:41

I have very thick, wavy hair and when I brush it with a regular brush, it goes all big and a little frizzy and so looks messy in my usual style of a pony tail.

Is straightners the only option I have of straightening my hair, or if I blow dry it while brushing it straight, will that work?

Please help!!!

ManchesterMomma Sun 19-Jun-05 19:06:16

anyone?

mancmum Sun 19-Jun-05 19:06:46

my hair is the same -- I have tried blow drying it straight but find it quite hard .... never looks that good -- I use John Frieda straighening balm which is very good and am about to buy some GHDs as they are the best srtaightners I have used... the problem with these technqiues is that first hint of damp and it does start to curl...

you can get it straightened -- there is a salon near me that does it and it last for 6 months...

is this the curse of all manchester mums?!!

kama Sun 19-Jun-05 19:07:12

Message withdrawn

lunavix Sun 19-Jun-05 19:07:41

blowdrying will help straightening it, but might give it added volume which it sounds like you don't need!

Straightening it will smooth it a little (esp if instead of running your fingers through it you use a comb as you straighten) but for the best frizz free look you'll probably need to do both...

kama Sun 19-Jun-05 19:07:51

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now