Talk

Advanced search

So ^if^ one had cocked up their home hair colour...

(6 Posts)
springlamb Thu 12-Nov-09 22:36:00

and gone a few shades darker than intended, is it true that lighter shades won't work?

I may have had a mad half hour, and may be considering sticking a lighter shade on top.....or I may just be asking 'for a friend' (I'm sure I had a similar thread last year when I was 'asking for a friend' too.)

heartofgold Thu 12-Nov-09 22:37:15

head and shoulders strips colour pretty effectively, so i hear.

FluffysBeenBittenByAVampire Thu 12-Nov-09 22:37:18

Nooo! It won't work. Take yourself off to a hairdresser and let them sort it out.

TheButterflyEffect Thu 12-Nov-09 22:37:35

Message withdrawn

lucykate Thu 12-Nov-09 22:41:38

heartofgold is right, wash it over and over again with head & shoulders, that'll make it fade, have used it myself when a light brown hair dye was so dark it was almost black.

springlamb Thu 12-Nov-09 22:55:54

Thank you all.

Have offended the hairdresser by DIYing. She was really off with me today when I went in. Or maybe she found me a bit...scary.

I'll hit Boots in the morning, can just imagine, 'blimey Morticia must have a hell of a dandruff problem'.

It's not that dark really, it's not like stay indoors pull the curtains don't answer the door wear hat when dh around. But I am not comfortable with it, it might have been OK in the summer when I was tanned but now I feel it makes me look pale & not very interesting.

I need counselling for this really. I buy hair colours and keep them on a shelf in the wardrobe for months. But then something comes over me and I actually USE one. I need a little megaphone thing shouting 'STEP AWAY FROM THE HAIR COLOURANTS AND NO-ONE WILL GET HURT'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now