Talk

Advanced search

So ^if^ one had cocked up their home hair colour...

(6 Posts)
springlamb Thu 12-Nov-09 22:36:00

and gone a few shades darker than intended, is it true that lighter shades won't work?

I may have had a mad half hour, and may be considering sticking a lighter shade on top.....or I may just be asking 'for a friend' (I'm sure I had a similar thread last year when I was 'asking for a friend' too.)

heartofgold Thu 12-Nov-09 22:37:15

head and shoulders strips colour pretty effectively, so i hear.

FluffysBeenBittenByAVampire Thu 12-Nov-09 22:37:18

Nooo! It won't work. Take yourself off to a hairdresser and let them sort it out.

TheButterflyEffect Thu 12-Nov-09 22:37:35

Message withdrawn

lucykate Thu 12-Nov-09 22:41:38

heartofgold is right, wash it over and over again with head & shoulders, that'll make it fade, have used it myself when a light brown hair dye was so dark it was almost black.

springlamb Thu 12-Nov-09 22:55:54

Thank you all.

Have offended the hairdresser by DIYing. She was really off with me today when I went in. Or maybe she found me a bit...scary.

I'll hit Boots in the morning, can just imagine, 'blimey Morticia must have a hell of a dandruff problem'.

It's not that dark really, it's not like stay indoors pull the curtains don't answer the door wear hat when dh around. But I am not comfortable with it, it might have been OK in the summer when I was tanned but now I feel it makes me look pale & not very interesting.

I need counselling for this really. I buy hair colours and keep them on a shelf in the wardrobe for months. But then something comes over me and I actually USE one. I need a little megaphone thing shouting 'STEP AWAY FROM THE HAIR COLOURANTS AND NO-ONE WILL GET HURT'.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: