Talk

Advanced search

Curling tongs or rollers for a 12-year-old?

(6 Posts)
LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 12-Nov-09 21:57:14

DD1 - 12, year 8, wants curling tongs or heated rollers for Christmas. I have never ventured into these realms - I am barely acquainted with the humble hairdryer - and have no idea what to get. Can anyone advise?
Year 8 seems to be a bit of a minefield. All her friends are dolled up to the nines and sporting makeup you could scrape off with a trowel and she is lagging behind in her jeans and converse, so any young teen style and beauty tips welcome really.

RubysReturn Thu 12-Nov-09 22:00:14

Does she know what she wants to acheive? If not, a good pair of GHD (about £90 !) can do straight and curls. If she def wants curls, then go for a conical rather than tongs - much stronger curls, much faster. I have 'Herstyler' which was £30 from Amazon but are about £70 on the highstreet.

I think tongs and rollers are slower and less effective bits of kit

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 12-Nov-09 22:08:01

She wants curls and her hair is naturally poker-straight and very thick. When you say a conical do you mean one of those wand things?
I had a look around Boots today and the options seemed to be either those wand things or a set of heated rollers. She doesn't know which she wants either, she just wants to be able to curl her hair, so I suppose the question is what is the easiest and most effective way to do it (and least damaging to her hair of course).

RubysReturn Thu 12-Nov-09 22:09:18

Oh def conical then. V hot and quick. My dds have waist length thick hair and I can do them in about 15 mins. They come with a heatproof glove. Do remember to put it on correct hand grin.

I did n't

RubysReturn Thu 12-Nov-09 22:11:17

linky
utterly fab. But she will get best results if you do it for her!

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 12-Nov-09 22:20:23

That looks great, thanks ever so much. I will do it for her - I'll probably end up doing it for her two younger sisters too, I expect.
Your poor hand sad. I burnt mine on microwave popcorn last week grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now