Talk

Advanced search

who can I wear?

(5 Posts)
upahill Thu 12-Nov-09 20:58:50

Ok Help me out here!!

I have finally got a bit more disposal income than I've had for a while and I want to smarten myself up and get a few designer pieces. I haven't a clue where to begin and which makes will suit.

I'll describe myself and current style and then hopefully you maybe able to suggest some thing.

I'm 44, shoulder length blonde hair. 5'5. Currently size 12/14. I am pear shaped

For work I'm very very casual like everyone else. Berghaus hoodies, jeans,walking boots or converse trainers and so on
Going out I'm normaly boot cut grey jeans, trendy t shirt leather biker jacket.
I tend to go to the pictures (independant cinemas) rock gigs.
Smarter stuff tends to be have Karen Millen dresses or whistles tops.
How do I crank things up a notch without looking tragic or frumpy?

InterruptingKid Thu 12-Nov-09 20:59:53

does it matter WHat kind of cinema you go to?
hmm

upahill Thu 12-Nov-09 21:11:27

Of course it does!! At the Vue everyone is dressed in the same way as I am at the moment which is what I am trying to get away from but when I go into the city to the cinemas there they dress different. Not necessary in a way that I would like- a bit arty with lng flowing skirts and flat shoes that I don't like on me.

LetThemEatCake Thu 12-Nov-09 21:14:02

Marc by Marc Jacobs
See by Chloe
Malene Birger
Alice & Olivia
Lover

just browse netaporter and my-wardrobe.com and get a feel for what you like

upahill Thu 12-Nov-09 21:26:19

I have just read back my last post! Sorry it didn't read very well.

Thank you for the names. I've got a starting point now.
I go into Harvey Nics and Selfridges et al but I feel a bit intimadated by the designers stuff.

I did think about having a personal shopper but I've only got about £100/£1500 to spend and I would hate to feel that they were sniggering at me behind my back.

I've always been more comfortable in Blacks, Snow and Rock, Ellis Brigham etc !!!!
I caught sight of myself in a shop window and thought to myself it's time to get a grip I can't walk round like my teenage soon forever. The shame of it he nicks my fleeces and walking coats. My Berghaus shell jacket has been taxed off me this week!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now