Talk

Advanced search

Coat and shoes for winter wedding - tweed dress

(10 Posts)
whereareyou Tue 10-Nov-09 19:17:19

Wedding next October (sister) but I'm trying to plan ahead.

Got this dress.

As it is Yorkshire I expect the weather to be wet and windy.

I'm finding the dress hard to accessorise.Don't want to look too frumpy as the dress is tweed.I'm 40, dark hair,pale skin,pear shape size 12 top/14 bottom.

Budget is up to £500 for both.

Also need bag,necklace if you have any ideas.

Sister is 10 years younger,stylish and slimmer as I expect most of the guests will be.

wonderingwondering Tue 10-Nov-09 20:05:46

I love that dress! I tried it on and I looked <dreadful>, so am very envious that you've got it (I'm completely different shape and colouring to you).

The dress is in the LK Bennett leaflet and has one of their bags with it - this is it, I think.

www.lkbennett.com/products/accessories/accessoriesbags/accessoriesbagsclutch/gillian/pid-30184gold

With these shoes -

www.lkbennett.com/products/shoes/shoeseveningoccasion/sania/pid-30347gold

That may be a bit too LK Bennett but a good fall back if you can't get anything else?

InterruptingKid Tue 10-Nov-09 20:09:33

next year?

sheesh no

whereareyou Tue 10-Nov-09 20:40:41

Thanks wonderingwondering, like the bag but didn't want to look too lk bennett though.

Interupting kid this is me planning ahead but I may buy something else by then.Tis my nature I'm afraid, left sided brain.

MissWooWoo Tue 10-Nov-09 20:50:31

OMfuckingG

I LOVE THAT DRESS

Seriously, I am drooling here.

With a wicked pair of heels and a neat little bag you will be the belle of the ball lady.

MissWooWoo Tue 10-Nov-09 20:51:33

btw no way is this dress frumpy - it oozes sex

tethersend Tue 10-Nov-09 21:11:22

Love the dress...

I like this with it...

whereareyou Tue 10-Nov-09 21:14:54

I like the shrug but wonder if I'm too old at 40 to pull it off.

tethersend Tue 10-Nov-09 21:20:15

40? Nowhere near too old!

wonderingwondering Tue 10-Nov-09 21:59:43

I was thinking brown-y fur coat. Or at least a fur-trimmed jacket. And reddy-brown patent court shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now