Advanced search

Good coat for for on the bike?

(5 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Tue 10-Nov-09 09:05:14

Visability and all grin
In pink?

need something water proof for when its pissing it down

momijigari Tue 10-Nov-09 14:29:25

I have a lidl cycling cape (was about £7), with reflective strips, that goes over the handle bars and keeps my legs dry. Wear normal coat underneath for warmth. It is not in any way stylish, but I am so dry it makes cycling in the rain almost a good thing. It also packs away brilliantly into the cape pocket.

Disenchanted3 Tue 10-Nov-09 14:39:47

Well I bouhgt this but will bear one of those in mind

Thanks

AngelinaJolly Tue 10-Nov-09 19:35:56

If it's raining heavily that one won't keep your legs dry. I have a couple of normal coats that I wear loads on the bike. One is a trad mac type design so goes a bit over legs, and the other is a warmer padded type coat. Both are water- resistant as opposed to waterproof. If it's hammering down I don my propper mahoosive bright red cycling cape that keeps legs dry too- and I love it! grin Makes cycling in the rain fun.

cruelladepoppins Wed 11-Nov-09 21:27:59

After years of hi-viz "waterproof" jackets which always - always! - let the wet in if it was peeing down, I bought a Boden mac - completely plastic on the outside, totally waterproof, quite long when off the bike but has a double zip so you can sort out freedom of movement.

I have waterproof trousers too, mindyou, proper cycling ones, and they are a total godsend. (Mind you I also wear cut-off wellies when cycling to work in the rain so I have no right to be on a "style and beauty" thread.)

Like the sound of Lidl cape - we don't have a Lidl close by but I will keep an eye on Aldi...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now