Talk

Advanced search

Maternity Party Dress

(12 Posts)

Message withdrawn

Walnut8 Tue 10-Nov-09 14:06:42

Hi iwcas, I don't have any dress ideas (I look terrible in dresses so tend to ignore them!) BUT I went to a party recently and saw a pregnant woman about a size 12/14 wearing a beautiful longish sky blue silk tunic (just with a black pencil skirt and black heels, and later a cardigan). She looked amazing! The tunic was apparently from topshop. I had a quick look on the website but cant find it which is a pity - but maybe you could try there?

roary Tue 10-Nov-09 14:28:04

If you want to splash out a bit, Isabella Oliver has some gorgeous maternity dresses in varying degrees of formal. If you are a person who likes clothes I think it's worth it to spend a bit on a couple of really, really nice things, especially if it is your first pregnancy. I didn't get a lovely dress last time and wish I had!

www.isabellaoliver.com/maternity-clothes/maternity-dresses/Tie-Knot-Dress/D/30100/P/2:100:1020/I/DR0 68

This is lovely and not black. You could even wear it to work with opaques and a cardigan.

OllieWollieWoo Tue 10-Nov-09 14:51:15

I'm not preggers but saw this on a blog and thought how nice it was :
here

If you like purple, this is nice too:
here Both could be worn over jeans/trousers to dress then down???

Actually the whole ASOS range is lovely and good price too - wish I'd
known about it when I was pregnant!

Amandoh Tue 10-Nov-09 14:55:32

This DP dress is a gorgeous colour and great if you don't want to get your arms out. Dress it up with your heels and something sparkly round your neck.

Great colour and just £28.00! Almost enough left of the budget to buy a little jacket.

A bit of sparkle. You could get a lot of wear out of this by dressing it down for day with a chunky cardi and boots.

If you want to go bright then this pink would certainly get you noticed. Lovely purple colour. Similar style but shorter sleeves.

Message withdrawn

Amandoh Tue 10-Nov-09 16:03:28

If you like the Isabella Oliver dress then you might like this. A little over budget but worth it if you love it and I.O clothes show good re-sale prices if you want to sell it on again.

OllieWollieWoo Tue 10-Nov-09 16:05:01

Never ordered from ASOS but dont recall any bad reviews of it on here???

smile re your work computer crashing - bet DH wished ours would do that when I spend too much time browsing online!

I loved the DP one Amandoh linked to too. Its def worth making the effort to get some nice maternity stuff - it feels like you are in it forever and then after the baby comes you just want to burn it all as you are sick to death of seeing it!

Pinkjenny Tue 10-Nov-09 16:10:06

Make sure you order in plenty of advance of your do from asos. The models they use are not pregnant, and therefore the fit/cut is sometimes questionable. I really like the pink one though.

Amandoh Tue 10-Nov-09 16:25:07

OllieWollieWoo ~ Ditto "Actually the whole ASOS range is lovely and good price too - wish I'd
known about it when I was pregnant!"

I lived in very dull Mothercare and Next maternity clothes for most of my last pregnancy. There really wasn't a lot of choice and that was just three years ago. Thank goodness things have improved. Some of the dresses on the ASOS website are making me broody. Not sure what I'd do with the baby once the nine months were up though.

Message withdrawn

Amandoh Tue 10-Nov-09 18:08:45

Click "Buy it now"!

The auction starting price is the same as the BIN price so it can only get more expensive (Not sure what the seller was thinking really).

If you really want it then be quick as someone has asked the seller a question so you're not the only one interested.

Good luck! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now