Talk

Advanced search

Just bought a dress on ebay - will it suit me?

(7 Posts)
nikki1978 Sun 08-Nov-09 22:39:16

Or have a made a crap impulse purchase? It is for a wedding I am going to in Australia in 8 weeks. I am 5ft 3 and a size 12/14 and pear shaped (waist is 31 inches but widest part is 42 inches). Is this dress more the sort of thing only a skinny minny can get away with?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280417848816&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Arrrgghhh! It is such a pain in the bum shopping for summer wedding wear in the winter!

paddingtonbear1 Sun 08-Nov-09 22:42:37

I love the dress and from what you've said I think it will look great. I'm a similar size to you and I'd wear it.

nikki1978 Sun 08-Nov-09 22:44:35

Woohoo thank you! Worried it is a bit low cut though. Hoping I can shorten the straps slightly as it is never appropriate to have your bangers on show at a wedding grin

LetThemEatCake Sun 08-Nov-09 22:48:50

good lord, not at all. Lovely. Dull metallic shoes (gold or bronze) and you're away.

Have a fab time. So jealous ... am Aussie and not going home for Xmas this year sad

btw - Aussie weddings far more relaxed than British so don't fret about arm coverage and whatnot

LetThemEatCake Sun 08-Nov-09 22:49:19

ditto bangers grin

nikki1978 Sun 08-Nov-09 23:01:44

Ah thank you ladies! I am very excited - particularly since I did a fear of flying course today and am finally feeling confident about the flight

I love Aus - spent a year there and would love to live there really. Where are you from Letthemeatcake?

So it is acceptable in Australia to have your bits hanging out at weddings? I hope my friends elderly family aren't aware of this. Will put me right off my dinner grin

PoppyIsApain Sun 08-Nov-09 23:07:03

Who cares if it will suit you when the dress is that nice, you will look great no matter what! FWIW i do think it will suit your figure smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now