Talk

Advanced search

It is not OK to wear pyjamas outside is it?

(34 Posts)
LowLevelWhingeing Sun 08-Nov-09 21:54:38

I keep seeing young women in pyjamas/coat/uggs combos. My feelings are that they should really go home and get dressed.

Do they smell if they never get out of their nightwear? Or do they have Day Jamas and Night Jamas? Is that what I should do?

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 08-Nov-09 21:57:59

omg i have seen this twice this week and was a bit shock as both times it was late afternoon but not late enough for bed time. I have ran out of the house to put my in out in mine but draw the line at going to the shops in them.

bonnyb1 Sun 08-Nov-09 21:58:31

It is never acceptable to go further than your garden gate in pjs.

halfcut Sun 08-Nov-09 21:59:36

I saw a teenage boy in our local shop the other day in his dressing gown grin

FluffysBeenBittenByAVampire Sun 08-Nov-09 22:01:03

I'd be arrested if I wore my nightware outside, best not hey!

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 08-Nov-09 22:01:21

This week i also saw a late teens chappy with these jeans on with the crotch round his knees and his undies on display as they were so oversized. Am i perhaps ageing as to me this was wrong also? i wanted to point and laugh and shout get a belt.

halfcut Sun 08-Nov-09 22:02:41

I always want to shout ..pull your trousers up grin

PoppyIsApain Sun 08-Nov-09 22:07:47

What if you are wearing a fleecy pj top and your all cosy, and its under a coat so no one can see? grin

LetThemEatCake Sun 08-Nov-09 22:08:02

have to admit to having a milk emergency (ie, had none, needed some) in late pregnancy recently ... drove to shops in pjs (black, could pass for yoga pants) with Emus and huge coat .... was awful.

I also once found myself at the bus stop still clutching - and drinking from - my coffee mug. Was a total surprise to me.

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 08-Nov-09 22:08:44

i dunno but these i have seen are intentionally wearing big checky bottoms or pink ones wth cats on so sooooooooo obvious and no attempt to hide em.

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 08-Nov-09 22:08:46

Well yes, I get the kind of nip-to-the-corner-shop-for some-milk thing, but going round tesco or walking the dog is JUST PLAIN WRONG!

TrinityHasAVampireRhino Sun 08-Nov-09 22:10:38

I dont wear pyjamas to bed at all

I buy pyjamas because they look cool and \i wish they made trousers in that pattern

so I wear them as trousers

wtf would/should it bother anyone, they are clean

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 08-Nov-09 22:11:42

In fact, usually the perpetrators are in groups of two or three, like it's an intentional, This Is How We Dress thing. That's not an emergency milk situation, that's a Let's Shock LLW thing grin

PoppyIsApain Sun 08-Nov-09 22:14:16

I went to KFC the other day and realised i was wearing my purple doggy slipper blush
It was evening though.

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 08-Nov-09 22:15:26

Trinity, do you wear the very pyjama-y kind or the yoga-y kind? I have myself done the nursery run in yoga-y pants but not in full-on winnie the pooh in sleepy hat kind of thing...

TrinityHasAVampireRhino Sun 08-Nov-09 22:17:16

not winnie the poooh in hat kind at all
because I wouldn't want to wear them as jammies

I have some on now

bright pink with lighter pink spots

really cool and should be available as trousers....

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 08-Nov-09 22:22:57

That's OUTRAGEOUS!

I'm doing a face like a minister's wife.

Clary Sun 08-Nov-09 22:26:06

I have seen MN threads before about people doing school run in jimjams. shock

I wouldn't even put the bin out in mine. If I realised it was late and I needed to do it pronto (our binmen come early), I would still find time to pull on a pair of joggers and a fleece.

I am very old and po-faced tho grin

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 08-Nov-09 22:26:31

just to clarify - A minister's wife does a face with her mouth all puckered up like a dog's bottom (just in case any of you are not in my family and don't know what I mean).

Clary Sun 08-Nov-09 22:26:37

Also my jamas are 3/4 length trews and camisole top so not suitable as outer wear at all.

Clary Sun 08-Nov-09 22:27:06

llw I knew what you meant.

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 08-Nov-09 22:28:28

putting the bin out is fine clary! it's the going about your business all day, with multiple friends who are also not dressed that I find shock

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 08-Nov-09 22:32:43

clary, you knew what I meant, you're not my mum are you? shock

Clary Mon 09-Nov-09 00:38:10

Well it seems unlikely tho DD is upstairs and I haven't checked lately...

grin

I also call it cat's bum face!

What about the baby dummy in their mouths then? hmm can't work it out tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now