Talk

Advanced search

I'm desperate- what do I do with my hair?!

(5 Posts)
Haylstones Sun 08-Nov-09 18:37:26

It's very dark brown, a bit curly (more wavy really) and currently just past my shoulders with a few longer layers in it and a side fringe to just below my eyes.

Please please could anyone suggest something to do with it? It's just so dull and boring but I don't want it really short- being able to tie it back would be a bonus for days when I sleep in, at the gym etc.

I can't post a photo blush but I'm quite ordinary, age 30 and definitely NOT glam.

If I can find something I like I am going to go to my hairdresser tomorrow (impulsive, me?) and DO IT.

VerityBrulee Sun 08-Nov-09 21:11:11

I cut my hair very short last year, and got fed up with it really quickly, so I've grown it to a bob that's just barely long enough to tie back if I want to. I have some layers as it's pretty thick, and a side swept fringe.

I really love it this length, give it a try, if you hate it you can just tie it back til it grows out smile

Ivykaty44 Sun 08-Nov-09 21:21:29

without your face shape and hair line - it is difficult to suggest

Tell your hairdresser what you have put her - that you want something really easy to style and will keep its style for a couple of days.

I would possible say look through a lot of webpages showing hair styles and take inspiration - then print them and take with you - it is really good to visually see what someone wants in the way of there idea rather than just spoken

Rubyrubyruby Sun 08-Nov-09 21:23:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Haylstones Mon 09-Nov-09 12:58:44

I forgot I'd asked on here blush

I went in today and wimped out slightly by getting 2 inches cut off the length, a few layers and a fringe trim so its basically exactly the same but a bit shorter!

I don't colour my hair- its really really dark and colour doesn't show up well (and if it does it looks too obvious). The colour is one part I don't hate too much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now