Talk

Advanced search

How do you know if a hairdresser is a good one?

(4 Posts)
Maize Sat 07-Nov-09 22:03:36

My really love my current hairdresser but logistically its a bit of a pain. I am wondering about trying one nearer home that will be easier to get to when I need my fringe trimmed every other week!

Nobody I know has been to it though and I can't find any info online. I have had my fringe trimmed there a few times and it was fine.

What if they butcher my hair? Ack. I know I should just suck it up and try but my current hairdresser gives me such nice cuts. Although I think variety would be a good thing.

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 07-Nov-09 22:16:27

you don't have a fringe trim every other week,surely ? stick to your current one and go less often.

MrsSeanBean Sun 08-Nov-09 11:54:23

Would echo what Mary Ann Singleton said.

When I was younger I would get my hair cut at John Frieda in Mayfair - but I only went every 3 months - the cuts were so good though that I got extra mileage out of them and the cost - although high - worked out about the same as getting it cut more frequently locally.

purplepeony Sun 08-Nov-09 13:24:49

Hair grows around half an inch a month so after 2 weeks yours should grow a quarter of an inch. Not enough to cut surely?

Unless you have a poker straight heavy fringe, can't you do it yourself?
I get my hair cut every 8-9 weeks now and in between snip away at my fringe- mine is supposed to be whispy, not blunt cut, so any mistakes are not noticeable!

As for finding another one- why not ask around? It really is trial and error- no easy way to find out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now