Talk

Advanced search

what would you wear with this?

(11 Posts)
mrsflux Sat 07-Nov-09 20:39:19

hey ladies

i'm looking for something to wear for my work and hubby's work christmas parties.
i've found this and this

what would you wear with them?

i'm 5 foot 2 size 10, short legs which are pasty and usually bruised!

is was thinking leggings and some heels? am i right? and what sort of heels?

badietbuddy Sat 07-Nov-09 20:46:53

I love the first one in black. I can't tell how short it is but if not indecent then I'd go for opaque black tights over leggings. Maybe a shoe boot

adriennemole Sat 07-Nov-09 21:14:20

I've just brought a dress in very similar colurs recently.
I also think black opaques would look good and maybe some metalic coloured shoes such as [[http://www.newlook.co.uk/1797080/179708014/ProductDetails.aspx these]. I'm loving the tights and peep toe look at the moment.

mrsflux Sat 07-Nov-09 21:16:09

it says mid thigh online and i'm a shortie so probably not too rude for tights!

i have an aversion to shoe boots though! don't know why i just can't stand them.

any alternatives???

adriennemole Sat 07-Nov-09 21:16:13

whoops here

adriennemole Sat 07-Nov-09 21:22:49

I think the second one looks more tunic like (it does say upper thigh shock wink) so I think that would look nice with some black leggings or 80 den footless tights and some killer heels maybe platforms in black purple or metalic.

mrsflux Sat 07-Nov-09 21:23:04

adriennemole - found the shoes, they are lovely but so much higher than i could manage. especially as i'm planning on drinking which will mean staggering as i'm such a lightweight after having DS!

adriennemole Sat 07-Nov-09 21:26:56

Ok so maybe not so much 'killer' heels grin I've got a similar coloured pair though and they seem to go with everything which is helpful.

mrsflux Sat 07-Nov-09 22:16:37

yeah colour is great!

any ideas about alternative heels that are a bit less killer! blush

cheesesarnie Sat 07-Nov-09 22:18:12

i love the second one in both colours but prefer purple.

adriennemole Sat 07-Nov-09 22:45:31

Hmmm if you're wearing thick tights or leggings I think you should go for quite a solid shoe as opposed to party sandal types.

My go with everything shoes are t-bar, peep toes with quite a thick (though high!) heel. These are ok though not really what I was thinking but you get the idea. Platform courts I think would go well with tights though they maybe too high.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now