Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me choose between these Christmas dresses

(16 Posts)
Thelongroadhome Sat 07-Nov-09 19:36:27

Hi, went shopping today and started looking for an outfit for a 40th birthday party that I'm going to (in the persons house so more casual than some). I also plan to wear whatever I get to my works christmas do (meal in a restaurant / bar) and also on Christmas Day. I liked the look of this skirt in Reiss this skirt
although it did look a bit better in real life I thought. I then tried on these dresses in French Connection this ruffle dress or this beady one and really liked both on but just not sure if the beady one is a bit too ... beady. Please tell me what you think of them each. Thanks.

hf128219 Sat 07-Nov-09 19:39:51

Can't see the skirt
Love the ruffle dress
Don't like the beaded dress

smile

BlueKangerooWonders Sat 07-Nov-09 20:04:19

really NOT keen on ruffly dress.... (wouldn't it add lots of inches each side?!)

sorry! But I think the beaded one is quietly understated for going out, so it gets my vote.

BikeRunSki Sat 07-Nov-09 20:09:49

Ruffles if you are slim.
Beads if you are not also is gorg colour if you want a change from black).
Can't see skirt.

cocolepew Sat 07-Nov-09 20:11:34

Ruffle, can't see skirt either.

Really like the ruffle dress, think the beaded one is horrid and I can't see the skirt.

So same as hf then. smile

alarkaspree Sat 07-Nov-09 20:16:51

I can see the skirt! It's nice enough but I find skirts that shape hard to match tops with, it needs to be very fitted. It doesn't wow me.

I like both the dresses but prefer the ruffle one if, as bikerunski says, you are slim. And have good legs.

motherlovebone Sat 07-Nov-09 20:18:04

beaded!

vesela Sat 07-Nov-09 20:57:23

Also love the ruffle dress and don't like the beaded dress at all (although not because of the beadiness).

Thelongroadhome Sat 07-Nov-09 22:01:29

Thanks for all your comments although there are some mixed views so still hard to decide. I'm not sure why the skirt link hasnt been working as it works when I click on it. Do think though it would leave me having to find a top to match.

Have a slight post children pot but am basically thin (size 8) with smallish chest, no bum and decentish legs and so both dresses are quite flattering. There's a bit of me that think they are both quite dear and if I'm having this problem deciding then maybe neither are right for me. Thanks!

Thelongroadhome Sat 07-Nov-09 22:03:50

Oh, have just looked at the links again and realised that its the purple dress that comes up - the one I liked was the fourth one down - a charcoaly colour. Not sure if that makes a difference or not? Thanks

Sazisi Sat 07-Nov-09 22:19:07

Ruffle dress is lovely and you will look amazing.

Don't like the beaded dress, not even in charcoal; the beaded part is arranged in a way that will make you look like a court jester hmm

Saw some very nice dresses in Coast today, I especially like the hanette which is in the second row (I can't get the dress to load individually for some reason). I am very jealous because I have no excuse to buy it myself envy

SixtyFootDoll Sat 07-Nov-09 22:28:53

I like the beaded dress best

cheesesarnie Sat 07-Nov-09 22:31:59

i prefer the ruffle dress,its lovely!you'll look stunning!

Monty100 Sat 07-Nov-09 22:42:24

You need to click what country your from on the left hand side.

I love the beaded dress. [green]

Monty100 Sat 07-Nov-09 22:43:14

oops! pmsl

envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now