Talk

Advanced search

OK, so I got the Uggs for a pressie! But are they too big? Emergency advice needed!

(10 Posts)
SweetApril Sat 07-Nov-09 11:21:58

Hi. I posted the other day about trying to decide between Uggs and Celts but DP has taken the decision out of my hands and surprised me this morning with a gorgeous pair of Uggs as an anniversay pressie!!! I am absolutely thrilled to bits but, having worn them for a couple of hours around the house, I am wondering if they are a bit big. Can anyone help me out?

I am UK size 7.5 on one foot and 8 on the other (already not helpful, I know) and the boots are US 9 which is a UK 7.5 apparently. I have long slim feet and my toes are almost down to the end but already my heels are slipping a bit in the back. If I go down a size I am bit worried that my toes will poke too far forward at the front and eventually push the suede out in a very unattractive fashion (I've seen a few people with boots like this). I don't mind if they become a tad too big over time but I don't want to end up in a few months with them really slipping badly at the heels. I'll def be wearing them without socks btw. They are a classic short style if this helps.

Advice gratefully received as going out for an anniversary meal tonight and DP (and me, obviously) will be so disappointed if I can't wear my lovely boots! I might be able to make a mad dash to the shops this afternoon to try and get a smaller size if anyone thinks I really should. Would rather not tbh but DP has spent a fortune on these and I want them to be right. TIA.

LaurieScaryCake Sat 07-Nov-09 11:31:20

I think you need to be one size down and then wear the sheepskin in.

If your heels are slipping already after two hours then yes.

What would be bad I guess is if you ended up having to wear them with socks and you didn't like it.

LaurieScaryCake Sat 07-Nov-09 11:32:37

having said that I've never seen anyone with the toes pushing the suede out.

LilyLoovesGuyFawkes Sat 07-Nov-09 11:34:20

Why won't you wear them with socks ?

SweetApril Sat 07-Nov-09 11:35:53

I suspect the toe pushing thing happens more on the lookee likee uggs as opposed to the real thing.

SweetApril Sat 07-Nov-09 11:38:15

No socks, Lily, because I read somewhere that was the best way to wear them and, having tried it this morning, I totally agree. The sheepskin feels really lovely and soft next to bare feet.

VerityBrulee Sat 07-Nov-09 12:01:19

I found ugg sizes to be very big and went down a size for mine. Agree that no socks is the way to wear them.

I'm V envy of you, it was our 10th anniversary a week ago and I got......nothing hmm I have given dh's credit card a bit of excrecising to make up for it.

SweetApril Sat 07-Nov-09 12:12:15

10th anniversary and nothing, Verity? I really hope you gave the plastic a very good workout. My dad once got my mum a chocolate Flake for an anniversary present - boy, has he lived to regret that decision! He's made up for it a thousand times since but my mum will always mention the Flake during an argument! I am extremely lucky, I know. Twas far more extravagant than normal.

Back to the Uggs - if I go a size down it means actually going 1.5 sizes down on one foot IYSWIM (from size 8 to size 6.5). Do you reckon that's too much? Are yours now a snug fit or fairly roomy?

SweetApril Sat 07-Nov-09 15:49:59

Well, I changed them for the next size down. One boot is perfect and the other is a teeny bit small (in that can feel my toe right at the end of it) But they are still very comfy, not at all tight. So thanks for your advice, kind MNers! smile

LaurieScaryCake Sat 07-Nov-09 16:44:11

The teeny bit small I think will probably be ok after a few wears.

Glad you have your lovely boots smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now