Talk

Advanced search

Saturday... its an odd day clothes wise isn't it

(19 Posts)
InterruptingKid Sat 07-Nov-09 09:57:26

as if you haev been at work all week oyu want to wear some of your non work clothes, You could be doing nothing or only messy stuff all day, if oyu get all dressed up to go out in the morning you loko Strange by mid afternnon, a skirt is always an effort,
etcetc.

Sundays are alwasy spent in layers for warmth rather than style on Toucl Lines Of The South of England...

how do you cope wiht satrudays?

Prosecco Sat 07-Nov-09 10:00:22

Wear jeans.

A semi-nice top

Change top if necessary for different activities.

HTH

InterruptingKid Sat 07-Nov-09 10:02:33

rofl at HTH
that always sounds so kind of irritatingly effient

LaurieScaryCake Sat 07-Nov-09 10:06:14

at the moment I am wearing spotty pyjamas, boden dressing gown and nice sheepskin slippers - and I have no plans to change til this evening when I will wrap up warmly in jeans, nice top, huge waterfall cardigany thing to go to a firework display.

If I wasn't going out I would just have a bath and put clean pj's on - i don't believe in putting clothes on when I don't have to. grin

tethersend Sat 07-Nov-09 10:06:35

Cowboy boots.

(fake) Fur coat.

Cape.

Not all at once.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 07-Nov-09 10:09:06

cape??

Do you also wear your underpants over your tights?

wink

NorkilyChallenged Sat 07-Nov-09 10:14:07

Tethersend, I think you're missing a trick there, definitely all at once grin

tethersend Sat 07-Nov-09 10:14:17

Only to keep them up wink

Besides, I tend to wear a catsuit for crime fighting...

...it chafes less.

tethersend Sat 07-Nov-09 10:15:44

Am now layering them up as we speak.

Off to the park to scare feed the ducks smile

noddyholder Sat 07-Nov-09 10:18:00

Skinnies boots t shirt no make up bar mascara lots of moisturiser and hair up!No effort day.I find if you wear make up in the day and then go out you can't get it to look as good as if you've been bare faced all day.

InterruptingKid Sat 07-Nov-09 10:39:50

no i agree
iu ahev to tkae make up off at tea time to then restart later.
or its make up on top of cleanser

pointydogg Sat 07-Nov-09 10:50:17

I keep the bottom half casual (trousers or jeans) and I pick an attractive top or jumper and wear more jewellery than normal.

Agree - wearing a skirt all day, I just end up rumpled.

MitchyInge Sat 07-Nov-09 10:51:38

EVERY day is an odd day clothes wise for me

I am a MESS

sassy Sat 07-Nov-09 10:52:43

L/sleeved black top
Short brown skirt
Bare (rather hairy, white)legs, waiting for brown opaques to finish drying
Slippers
Grey sleeveless cardi thang

Have recently decided to make an effort even on At Home days.

Going to pub then fireworks later - will take skirt and cardi off and put black skinnies on over tights, plus ski coat. (Hate being cold!)

I'm a skirt and dresses kind of a gal during the week unless it's raining hard. On Saturday it's shorts for me. grin

I don't do shorts during the week, it just doesn't feel like I'm taking life seriously if I do.

I realise this is not going to help you at all.

SofaQueen Sat 07-Nov-09 11:06:54

Leggings and long jumpers. Easy and comfortable.

PuppyMonkey Sat 07-Nov-09 11:13:41

I am wearing jeans and a cosy jumper. I am going to visit my mum and that's all today. My hair needs a wash too, but not doing that til this evening (mum has got bad eyesight grin). But I look perfectly presentable, I think. Honest.

I always want to wear a skirt at the weekend, but some strange force stops me. Is it illegal or something? Not sure.

tethersend Sat 07-Nov-09 11:14:44

Hang on... are you actually saying that none of you dress up as a superhero on a Saturday?!?

I can't be the only one!

Nobody?

Really?

Frankly, I find that hard to believe...

nickelbang Sat 07-Nov-09 11:19:12

i'm not quite dressing as a superhero, but i started off today dressed as the Grand High Witch from Roald Dahl's The Witches.
I got annoyed with the wig and i couldn't work the till in the gloves, so i'm now dressed as the lovely Miss Honey (same outfit but more sensible shoes and no wig or gloves) from Matilda.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now