Talk

Advanced search

Ok people, I need a hat!

(13 Posts)
Grandhighpoohba Fri 06-Nov-09 20:52:38

Every winter, I buy a hat, and every year I get laughed at! sad

Basically, I don't suit hats. But I don't drive so I have to walk everywhere in winter, in Scotland, and it's freezing.

So helpful suggestions? I have a long face, and very big, long red curly hair. (which is probably why hats always look stupid)

Help me please!

cornsilkwearscorsets Fri 06-Nov-09 20:57:21

Nice stuff linked to on this thread here

Grandhighpoohba Fri 06-Nov-09 21:12:40

Thanks, but would they suit me? I've tried the tight beanie look, and Dh sniggered at me. I think cos my hair sticks out so much.

RamblingRosa Fri 06-Nov-09 21:12:54

Hats don't really suit me either but I do like berets.

NorkilyChallenged Fri 06-Nov-09 21:28:51

This would look lovely with red hair

Have you tried something like www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/59140635&bklist=icat,5,shop,accessorize,acczhatsandcaps,acczbakerboys as a shape?

LowLevelWhingeing Fri 06-Nov-09 21:52:29

IMHO I think baker boy style looks good with lots of hair, and lots of red curly hair makes me envy

Grandhighpoohba Fri 06-Nov-09 21:55:29

Not convinced about the cap, not really me. But I will go in and try it on.

How warm is a beret? Can it be made to cover the ears? (Tis bloody cold up here)I kind of think it would sit on top of my hair and fall off.

VerityBrulee Fri 06-Nov-09 22:04:17

I saw great hats in Urban Outfitters the other day.

fishie Fri 06-Nov-09 22:09:17

have you tried a real proper hat poob? a trilby type thing would look great. i have seen a knitted one somewhere.

shopalot Fri 06-Nov-09 22:10:13

Why don't you tie your hair back?

fishie Fri 06-Nov-09 22:12:04

like this but the weave is too chunky.

i've got curly hair too although not abundant. better to let that make the statement in texture i always think.

Grandhighpoohba Sat 07-Nov-09 13:27:07

Oooh, I like some of the ones in Orban Outfitters. I think a trek to Glasgow might be needed!

Not sure about the trilby idea - its not the kind of thing people wear up here, more of a city thing, I don;t want the point and laugh response.

Shopalot, I have a rediculous amount of hair, if I tie it back, hats wont fit.

moocowme Sat 07-Nov-09 19:41:31

a cloche hat would cover your ears. have you tied looking on etsy or folksy?

i am currently making my own cloche hat with needle felt so i get exactly the shape i want. i am not as knob headed as most so shop ones are all a bit long and cover my eyes.

you could also experiment with some fleece ones. no they don't need to be silly designs!!! i shall just slouch back over to arts and crafts now............................

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now