Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ugg boots!

(28 Posts)
MilkNoSugarPlease Fri 06-Nov-09 20:24:03

<sorry if theres 400 threads about em btw!>

Have wanted a pair for so long it outrageous! but im big (size 28) which i know sounds silly but ive never dared try straight leg jeans to wear with them...except by a happy accident () i accidently tried a pair on...and i like em!

so now i HAVE to buy uggs ()...which ones to get though! i love the normal chesnut ones and grey cardi ones...but you lot need to decide to help me!!!

TIA

MilkNoSugarPlease Fri 06-Nov-09 21:32:44

Oh and do they come up big or small size wise? im normally a 6/7 but nearer a 7 iygwim

Jewelsandgems Fri 06-Nov-09 21:40:34

I have the classic chesnut tall and they are a good staple. But the cardy uggs are lovely, as are the little ankle length ones.

I especially like the button ones - they even come in a funky purple colour.

Jewelsandgems Fri 06-Nov-09 21:41:26

Oh and I would say they come up big - you are not supposed to wear socks with them (but I do) so buy them snug.

MilkNoSugarPlease Fri 06-Nov-09 21:53:10

thank you!

i so want the cardy ones but think, as you say, the chesnut ones are a better staple <sigh>...hmm unless i boycot xmas and buy myself two pairs

Are you really not supposed to wear socks???
bleurgh!

am very excited that i found decent jeans so therefore have something to wear with uggs....excuse the sadness of this

PolkSaladLucie Fri 06-Nov-09 22:30:17

I have tried on loads and these have been the best for me, in terms of fit, choice and value for money.

I have the brown biker for more casual wear, and the black popper boot, which is not exactly smart, but looks good with black tights and a sweater dress...

It depends how you'll wear them, and wether you tend to go for black or brown - what colour is your handbag/purse?

LilyLoovesGuyFawkes Fri 06-Nov-09 22:33:08

My cardi ones are on their second winter and sometimes i wear them without sock shock usually on the chaotic school run in the morning!
My friend who bought her suede ones at the same time wishes she had got the cardi ones , very hardwearing!

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 07-Nov-09 08:51:26

I love these ones but i LOVE these

both in grey

and i do love the c;assic ones too!!!! in the light browny colour!

Also i have quite big calfs...would the classic ones even fit over thunder calfs?

sorry theres so many Qs....tis alot of money for me to spend!

herbietea Sat 07-Nov-09 09:09:05

Message withdrawn

PyrotechnicToadstool Sat 07-Nov-09 09:14:28

herbie that site is not a supplier of genuine Uggs - hence the price. You will get cheap copies and have no way of getting your money back

ASOS and Cloggs are good for discounts.

OP, they do come up a bit big but I am a 7 and the 6.5 would be too small on me as my toes are at the end of the 7.5s... so if I were you I'd try some on first.

I don't wear socks (normal Uggs) but will if they loosen too much.

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 07-Nov-09 09:17:14

God there so cheap! theres so many dodgy sites around with uggs im never sure <sigh>```

PyrotechnicToadstool Sat 07-Nov-09 09:20:41

If it looks too good to be true...

Honeypeckle Sat 07-Nov-09 09:23:20

I got mine from a Australian site called uggs r us about 3 years ago. They were £75 and just the same as the "original Uggs". The colour is a bit worn now but that's because I don't take them off all winter!!
I also have a few friends who ordered them too...not sure if they do the cardi one s tho.

PyrotechnicToadstool Sat 07-Nov-09 09:32:25

<sigh>

Look; if they're not listed here on the official Uggs Australia website then they are fakes. Some fakes are good, which is why they get away with it, and some are shit and fall apart quickly.

If they were so cheap AND genuine everyone would be buying them and the official stockists wouldn't make any money, would they?

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 07-Nov-09 09:36:10

I'd rather pay the extra and get them from office or somewhere so i know there genuine...

Ty pyrotech!, i think ill pop into office and try some different sizes on...do you know how tight they are around the calf?

tia

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 07-Nov-09 09:38:19

and do they not smell if you wear no socks with em??

My nike rifts that i wear sockless STINK! (tmi about my feet...sorry" )

Honeypeckle Sat 07-Nov-09 09:45:43

Yes I do know what "Official" Uggs are!! I bought them in Australia and the website do NOT claim to be these uggs they have a diffrent label. I was just making a suggestion..

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 07-Nov-09 09:47:43

Cant get onto that site honey...just has the first bit with music on but cant get any firther

am i being dense? <tis likely btw!>

PyrotechnicToadstool Sat 07-Nov-09 09:50:57

I only have short uggs so not sure on tightness but i'd imagine the knitted ones would have a bit of give in them. They don't smell becauseyour feet don't sweat in them...

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 07-Nov-09 09:54:17

Really? ooh im liking uggs more and more now!!

and another Q () do the short ones make your legs look short?

im 5,6' byt rather ahem "round"! so i look shorter (is wierd i know!) and having just got over the finding straight leg jeans that look good situation, will short uggs work?

Ta muchly

Honeypeckle Sat 07-Nov-09 09:55:34

Sorry Milk just had a look and the website is uggbootsrus.com.au. They don't seem to have a huge range anymore but no harm in checking it out!

InterruptingKid Sat 07-Nov-09 09:58:57

YUGG boots oyu mean?

PyrotechnicToadstool Sat 07-Nov-09 10:00:59

You're proably tall enough to make it work, but try them on. I am a bit taller but size 16 and wewr short ones with leggings - but i also like them under jeans. Try different styles and see what works.

shineoncrazyfirecracker Sat 07-Nov-09 10:08:40

Message withdrawn

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 07-Nov-09 10:55:47

Oh i cant decide cry!!

I WANT the classic ones but i NEED the cardi ones...well ok i dont NEED either but wheres the fun in that!!

Someone choose for me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now