Talk

Advanced search

Is this heel old git-tish

(23 Posts)
Wheelybug Fri 06-Nov-09 13:43:46

I think I want some stretchy knee high boots to go with my outfit for dd2's christening. Its 930 am in a service which is normally jeans/v. casual so I don't want to be too dressed up. Am probably wearing a wrap dress. I don't want to spend a lot on them as I have a number of pairs of knee length boots but don't think any others fit the bill

So is the heel on these boots a bit old git-tish ? I don't mind classic provided I'm not going to look an old frump grin

www.marksandspencer.com/Centre-Stitch-Heel-Stretch-Boots/dp/B002EZ43VQ?ie=UTF8&mnSBrand=core

MorrisZapp Fri 06-Nov-09 13:50:51

No, I definitely would not say that was old git-ish. Quite young and funky imo.

NorkilyChallenged Fri 06-Nov-09 14:00:03

I didn't think it was <though what do I know, I probably AM an old git without knowing it!>

MorrisZapp Fri 06-Nov-09 14:17:21

www.clarks.co.uk/find/Department-is-women/EndUses-is-smart/HeelHeight-is-mid/product-is-20332404

If it makes you feel any better, I'm seriously considering buying these.

They really do have an old git heel, but imo is stylish and retro. (Also v comfy!)

Wheelybug Fri 06-Nov-09 14:22:56

Thank you both ! Will order in that case (Of course you could both be 103 .....).

BunnyLebowski Fri 06-Nov-09 14:23:37

Sorry to be the voice of dissent but imo they're are a wee bit frumpy. They look like they should be worn with a patchwork per una long skirt and ruffly cardie.

Also I really don't like the boot being one colour and the heel another thing - looks a bit cheap.

Sorry blush

Will have a look for alternatives - Only brown?

Wheelybug Fri 06-Nov-09 14:27:44

oh bum they're all sold out - they were available yesterday. Grrrr... back to the drawing board.

Wheelybug Fri 06-Nov-09 14:28:50

OOh thanks bunny - actually I wanted black. Also don't want them to look cheap shock.

BunnyLebowski Fri 06-Nov-09 14:29:27

These are much nicer imo

Pinkjenny Fri 06-Nov-09 14:31:12

Bunny - your dd is scrumptious.

OP - nah. I don't like the plastic looking heel anyway.

Swedes2Turnips0 Fri 06-Nov-09 14:31:25

I think that heel says: "I'm just nipping out to the co-op to get a malt loaf." Is that the look you were aiming for?

Wheelybug Fri 06-Nov-09 14:33:59

Absolutely Swedes - just the look I needed grin.

Ok, they are sold out anyway.

Bunny - nice boots but 4.3 inches tooooo high for chasing 2 children round at 930 am in church.

Anymore (pretty please)

BunnyLebowski Fri 06-Nov-09 14:38:00

I hear ya Wheely

What about these

Smaller heel, bloody bargain!

Whaddya think?

Pinkjenny Thanks grin grin She is pretty darn cute!

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 06-Nov-09 14:41:39

less chunky heel

I think OP's boot heel are a bit frumpy, tbh.

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 06-Nov-09 14:42:55

ooh look at this, leather not suede but a ^bargain^

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 06-Nov-09 14:43:49

christ look at these monstrosities

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 06-Nov-09 14:45:14

Those John Lewis ones are spot on, imo.

Sorry OP just read you said stretchy suede.

TheProvincialLady Fri 06-Nov-09 14:46:42

They are out of stock Getorfshock

Hopefully a fashion lover torched the warehouse where they were being stored prior to dispatch.

Wheelybug Fri 06-Nov-09 14:47:06

Bunny- thanks. They look good ... might actually have a pair very similar now I think of it.

Getorf - OOh they might be too much of a bargain to resist. Have chunkyish calves so some leather ones don't fit (but wide fi too wide) hence why I was going for the stretchy ones but I might chance it with these...

Wheelybug Fri 06-Nov-09 14:52:51

Have ordered the bargain office ones (black ones, not the last ones grin). If no good will go for the JL ones I think (or see what the ones I already have look like - that may be more economical wink).

Thanks everybody !

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 06-Nov-09 14:54:37

Think I might get some of those boots myself - the bargainous ones. They look like they are made out of nice leather.

I have got those stretchy suede ones on - brown from Primark about a year ago. Very nice and all that (slightly frumpy heel if I am being honest) however the problem is that I normally wear them over jeans, I have got them on with tights to do and they have rolled down in an attarctive puddle around my ankles. Whislt walking across work car park this morning had to bend down and hoik them back up <classy lady emoticon>

BitOfFun Fri 06-Nov-09 15:01:07

Oh I hate it when that happens.

Those "irregular choice boots" look like something the elves made for the shoemaker.

mrmagoo Fri 06-Nov-09 15:03:06

Isn't it interesting how subjective frumpiness is? To me those spindly heeled boots all look very Per Una indeed and only a chunkier heel would look stylish. Plus, I followed a normal-sized mum through the school gates yesterday and was forced to conclude that for anyone over a 12 the elephant balancing on a pin is all too close for comfort. But that may be a reflection of my age - when I was a teen no one seemed to wear high heels - they were too much like what your mum would wear. For us it was all DMs and baseball boots. You younger fillies probably have completely different associations with high-heelage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now