Talk

Advanced search

This is ridiculous, I am so indecisive

(6 Posts)
NorkilyChallenged Fri 06-Nov-09 12:43:14

I've been umming and ahhhing about boots for what feels like about 15 years (since September).

After looking online, obsessively following S&B boot threads, gnashing teeth at missing the Office Fly sale and generally driving my poor uninterested DP insane with my wittering about boot length or colour, wandering round town in my lunch hour to try things on... I narrowed it down to the Fly London boots. Nothing else was as comfy and I like the non-shiny leather.

I have only tried on with work clothes so bought a pair of Mes and Mol from Javari online (best price I could find) so I could try at home with my leggings and new slim leg jeans and with dresses to finally decide.

They arrived this morning. I'm all sweaty from all the clothes/boots trying on in various combinations.

And I'm STILL undecided. Gah.

Even my 2 year old is sick of me.

Cannot keep both, so need to decide which pair and also which colour (dark brown was my decision but then they didn't have the Mes in dark brown so I got them in tan which is lovely actually, but not what I had in mind)

Don't know why I'm posting. I suppose I have nowhere else to turn with my Boot Problem and I blame S&B boot threads for getting me in this mess grin

momijigari Fri 06-Nov-09 12:46:55

I have the mol in dark brown, they are good, can you link to the tan mes?

NorkilyChallenged Fri 06-Nov-09 13:30:34

Mes in tan though it's darker than I had imagined, quite a caramel colour in real life.

Thank you for reading through my drivel without hitting me over the head with a mallet!

I love the fact that the Mol make my calves look a really nice shape and it's a tight squeeze but I can actually get my slim leg jeans into them too. The dark brown is a great neutral colour (will go with anything really) and easy to wear (I'm a bit shy and so get a bit scared of wearing things that are too noticeable even though I'd love to). The tan is lovely but maybe would show more marks and is a bit less easy to wear? Really not sure.

The Mes are easier to wear in that they fit under or over trousers/jeans and are less bulky to take off (at toddler groups, soft play and the like). But they stop at the fattest bit of my calf which is less attractive maybe? Unsure. They're £10 cheaper so there's not much in it.

momijigari Fri 06-Nov-09 13:50:56

I like the colour of the mes, and I have seen someone wearing the red ones, with black tights and skirt, looked really good, she was slim to normal figure. I understand your dilemma now - not that that helps!

I agree about feeling like the mes are a bit out of my comfort zone, that doesn't mean they don't look good! but they are good because they are a bit different.

How tall are you? I think you probably would get more wear out of the mol, only just slightly more..... I am agonising with you now, lol.

NorkilyChallenged Fri 06-Nov-09 14:02:59

Thank you for joining me in my agonising, lol!

I'm about 5'6, size 10 (size 12 hips/bum though) and very flat-chested (not sure why that's relevant in a boot thread but it's obvious from my name so I feel the need to mention it!)

I know I'm going to ask DP and he's not going to hear a word I say after "I just bought 2 pairs of boots for a total of £170" grin

momijigari Fri 06-Nov-09 14:24:00

You can wear both then, good height, so that doesn't narrow it down.

Sounds like a bargain to me, can you in any way afford them both, problem solved?! Then you can just agonise over which ones to wear first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now