Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The ultimate cosy but non-frumpy nightdress...anyone?

(8 Posts)
Terpsichore Fri 06-Nov-09 12:38:13

I rashly told my Mum that I'd like a new nightdress for Christmas, and I do need one (or a few)....but, having scouted round a bit, I can't see anything that isn't either a) a voluminous nightmare in flowery winceyette and scratchy fake lace or b) a skimpy nightmare in polyester 'silk-look' and hideous garish colours (or worse, leopardskin).

Help! I'm currently making do with a White Company nightdress from a couple of years ago which is long, plain jersey, understated and just right. No frills and furbelows and no pattern. I loathe girly things and can't be doing with Victoriana. I'm after tasteful but warm (and don't tell me to sleep in the buff - we live in an old, cold house!).

Any ideas, O stylish Mumsnetters??

duckyfuzz Fri 06-Nov-09 12:40:59

I like this one at hush

MarshaBrady Fri 06-Nov-09 12:42:03

Bodas
This is my favourite underwear / nightwear shop as they use really nice fabric and it is nowhere near chintzy.

It is a bit exy but I found it to be worth it so far.

AboardtheAxiom Fri 06-Nov-09 12:42:53

I only do PJs nighties ride up and you end up all uncomfortable - or am I sleeping all wrong? grin

Terpsichore Fri 06-Nov-09 12:48:47

Some possibilities here, thanks - I wouldn't say no to a nightshirt, but it needs to be long. Toast do a nice one but it's a bit pricey <<penny-pinching emoticon>>

momijigari Fri 06-Nov-09 12:49:04

I like that ducky! (not that I am looking for a nightdress)

BonjourIvresse Fri 06-Nov-09 15:18:57

La redoute?

clairesparkle Fri 06-Nov-09 19:06:24

There are lovely nighties at White Company at the moment, or do you need a change?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now