Talk

Advanced search

The perfect coat - is this it?

(14 Posts)
Eve4Walle Fri 06-Nov-09 07:19:17

Ok, so I know it's Per Una, but I tried it on yesterday and it was lovely, the neckline especially. Just not sure if it's a bit 'old' for me. I'm almost 34. My Mum REALLY likes it, and she's 59. blush

Per Una

Wonderstuff Fri 06-Nov-09 07:36:11

I really like it and i'm 30. Shame it is only in black, I really want a bright coat this winter.

The cut/style looks very nice but I hate the collar.

NorkilyChallenged Fri 06-Nov-09 07:45:47

It's nice yes, and I don't think it's old at all.

I was going to post something similar as I saw a lovely purple corduroy coat in Per Una (it was on the website yesterday, had military style buttons - sounds dreadful but was lovely. Can't find it online now sad).

I also saw this teal jacket which is great if you remove the velour scarf. I think I like it because I had something similar in the early 90s blush

GhoulsAreLoud Fri 06-Nov-09 07:47:03

It's a bit witchy for me.

I like the fit though, but the collar and the fact that it's back just say witch to me.

Or Mary Poppins.

But if you love it, buy it.

NorkilyChallenged Fri 06-Nov-09 07:48:02

Ah, Witch or Mary Poppins... the age-old dichotomy for women wink

sarah293 Fri 06-Nov-09 07:49:06

Message withdrawn

GhoulsAreLoud Fri 06-Nov-09 07:49:35

We've all beeb there Norkily...

I always think if you're not sure you'll always feel a bit self-conscious in it.

SixtyFootDoll Fri 06-Nov-09 07:50:27

Not my cup of tea

reikizen Fri 06-Nov-09 08:03:37

It looks nicer in RL than in the picture but as Riven says collar is a bit low. And yes, in the picture it does look Mary Poppins-ish! But don't forget, she was practically perfect in every way. wink

PyrotechnicToadstool Fri 06-Nov-09 08:04:52

There is nothing perfect about that coat.

biscuit

sarah293 Fri 06-Nov-09 08:05:40

Message withdrawn

AvadaNuffofFireworks Fri 06-Nov-09 08:28:36

Low opening and with that ruffly shite on it you wouldn't really be able to wear a scarf with it if the need arose. Pretty though.

MaggieMonday Fri 06-Nov-09 09:22:12

I really like that! Lovely over a dress. I could do with that coat in the wardrobe for the rare occasions when I'm dressy

AGE not the issue with this coat. The issue is where your waist is!! Is it at the same height as the waist on the coat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now