Talk

Advanced search

Leggings - any recommendations for good quality thick ones?

(20 Posts)
NancyBotwin Thu 05-Nov-09 21:20:29

I got a couple of pairs in M&S last year but they are quite thin - look more like tights when on.

Has any found any that don't look like tights?

Clure Thu 05-Nov-09 21:39:14

just got a pair of those with a bit of a sheen on and loads of lycra. They are called "control leggings" £4 from primark

ABitHalloweenBatty Thu 05-Nov-09 21:39:25

H&M do some they call 'thick leggings' they are £7.99 come in black or blue. They are the thickest leggings I've seen on my shopping travels.

doglover Thu 05-Nov-09 21:58:23

I'll be following this thread with interest because I'm also searching for good quality leggings. Being a size 22 means that the fabric is under enough pressure already and doesn't need to show my pallid flesh peeping through! Just a quick 'hijack' if I may?! Could anyone recommend any slim jeans for someone of my ample proportions.......I need them to wear with boots, to show off my Uggs!!

doglover Thu 05-Nov-09 22:21:31

bump

Eve4Walle Fri 06-Nov-09 07:24:07

Next - £8 I think. Lovely, thick and stretchy, not at all baggy and very dark IYSWIM.

bigTillyMint Fri 06-Nov-09 07:55:06

I've got the Next ones - they are good (though the sizing comes up big), but I wouldn't call them thick - I have to wear tights under them if I don't want to freeze!

But then I guess thick leggings are jeggings or treggings......

paddingtonbear1 Fri 06-Nov-09 10:53:19

the topshop longer length ones are quite thick. I got a pair and they are v comfy, advise a size down though as I keep having to pull mine up!

chattermouse Fri 06-Nov-09 11:25:56

Dodlover - maybe try jeggings? More comfy than skinny jeans but still a tight look? I know Next do nice ones though not sure what sizes they sell thouhg.

momijigari Fri 06-Nov-09 11:49:18

But jeggings are made of denim material, so they are skinny jeans with an elasticated waist, not leggings which are made of jersey material.

Lurking, because all my leggings are quite thin, especially the Zara ones I have - may go and see what I can find.

NancyBotwin Fri 06-Nov-09 13:49:31

Yes I don't want denim jeggings (are there any other kind?) - want black or grey leggings. Will take a look at all your suggestions. Thanks!

Seededbiatch Fri 06-Nov-09 13:58:11

I want some thick ones too. I am currently wearing two pairs at once so my knickers/legs/pallid skin don't all show through.

I can definitely NOT recommend Dorothy Perkins longer length, very see through and have gone quite bobbly after only a few wears and washes. Disappointed really as usually quite pleased with Dotty Perks.

Also didn't like Florence and Fred, see through and fally down and the same for Red Herring.

wingandprayer Fri 06-Nov-09 14:02:22

I've got American Apparel ones and they are very good though not cheap. They are also nice and long as standard. I've been on the hunt for a new pair of leggings and didn't want to spend as much this time so shall keep watching this thread...

paddingtonbear1 Fri 06-Nov-09 14:21:35

I wore my topshop ones with a sweater dress last week, they are twice the thickness of my other leggings. The thing was it was quite a warm evening - I was too hot!!

monkeysmama Fri 06-Nov-09 14:27:55

I've tried loads and American Apparel ones are definitely the thickest. They're more expensive but they have a large colour range and imo are really worth it. The colours are quite matt iyswim. Otherwise Next are thick too but massive!

BonjourIvresse Fri 06-Nov-09 15:15:49

I bought M & S ones this year and they have been good. My New Look ones are RUBBISH and are going baggy already.

marthastewart Fri 06-Nov-09 17:11:03

Hi there - American Apparel definitely the best - wash well also so worth the extra, no baggy knees either!

marthastewart Fri 06-Nov-09 17:19:05

btw - the high waisted American Apparel ones are super and a change from regular fit!

doglover Fri 06-Nov-09 17:49:01

This is GREAT!!! I'm jotting down all your recommendations for when i go shopping tomorrow!! Any thoughts on skinny jeans?

marthastewart Fri 06-Nov-09 17:52:11

Rock and Republic - Berlin.

These are my absolute favs. Otherwise can't go wrong in topshop! Good Luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now