Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got Emu boots as an alternative to Uggs?

(13 Posts)
poshsinglemum Thu 05-Nov-09 21:08:28

They look lovely and are a bit cheaper. Are they good?
I don't like the way that Uggs loose their shape at the sole not too mention the obscene price tag.
I had a pair of Rocket Dog Sugar daddies but I killed them. They were great but I fancy a change.

brimfull Thu 05-Nov-09 22:23:07

dd has a pair of Emus
They are ok, the soles have held up quite well.

I thought genuine Uggs retained their shape though. ONly the fakes that get that awful sideways slope.

SugarSkyHigh Thu 05-Nov-09 22:26:29

i've got some fitflop boots, they are fantastic! waterproof and supportive of the feet

LetThemEatCake Thu 05-Nov-09 22:35:22

I had Uggs for years, bought a pair of Emus at easter after my Uggs bit the dust.

They're holding up well. Having said that, I never wear them out of the house. Nor did I with the Uggs. So can't vouch for their hardiness but for warmth. comfort and reasonable price tag - 9 out of 10.

seeyounexttues Thu 05-Nov-09 23:21:02

My bf has had some for about 3years and tgey are still going strong. She wears tgem for everything even to the fireworks on sat night. Really nice pale colour too

MaggieMonday Fri 06-Nov-09 09:25:16

I like those fitflop boots, they're just what I had in my mind.. but they're expensive and they'd probably look really unfashionable by next winter. i'd want to get at least two winters out of them.

Jojay Fri 06-Nov-09 09:27:13

I've got some Emus and they've held up pretty well. I've never had Uggs so I can't really compare them but I'm happy with my Emu's smile

moonmother Fri 06-Nov-09 09:34:26

I have a pair of Ugg's and a pair of Emu's.

The Ugg's I have had since last Autumn and although they are a light stone colour, have worn really well, and haven't even marked.

The Emus I got a couple of weeks ago, very comfy and haven't marked either, although they are a dark choc colour. The fur inside them is longer than the uggs ones, so make your feet really snuggly.

My only critiscm is that the EMU's have stretched, in the foot slightly,(could be down to the longer fur) so I could have got away with a size 2 instead of a size 3.

Danthe4th Fri 06-Nov-09 09:39:40

Yes I have both, the uggs hold up very well, if they lose shape at the heel they are fake as the real ones have extra support. The Emus are fine,2 different qualitys I have the cheaper ones, they are wider at the foot than uggs, but wear well for the price.
I've also seen warmbats which are really good about £80 and also like the new Gumbies Ewe boots which look really good for £50.
Have a look on M and M website they have some real uggs and emus on offer.

MaggieMonday Fri 06-Nov-09 09:43:14

wow moonmother, you must be able to buy children's sizes (cheaper!)

moonmother Fri 06-Nov-09 10:41:15

LOL Maggie yeah it's good having small feet grin

I actually got my EMU's from M and M Direct, they have EMU's often in stock in sizes upto size3 very cheap.

Mine cost me £28.99 and thats including postage. I also bought my DD(9) a pair to put away for Xmas.

They do have adult sizes on there too, I think they are about £50. You just have to keep checking often as they tend to sell out quick, but get stock in every few weeks.

MaggieMonday Fri 06-Nov-09 12:35:30

cow!!

I'm going to have a look on m and m now.

monkeysmama Fri 06-Nov-09 14:34:24

I have had both & think my Emus are comfier. I love them and although I'm not a fan of that look really (both pairs were pressies), I have worn my Emus a lot this autumn because they're so comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now