Talk

Advanced search

OK Bodenistas I need you over here...

(15 Posts)
jamaisjedors Thu 05-Nov-09 20:57:55

I am still hunting for stuff to keep me warm other than fleeces this winter (for weekends and round the house).

Have got some Uniqlo heat tech tops which are good for under shirts etc. for work, but not enough in our house.

Plus they are v. synthetic (think tights material) and so itch me when I get hot.

I would really like something cotton and warm, and saw this hooded top whilst browsing Boden for the DS.

Any opinions or anyone had it?

V. expensive for a mistake, but worth it if I wear every weekend and evening all winter (with the occasional wash she hastens to add).

No free returns to France and it looks heavy!

jamaisjedors Thu 05-Nov-09 21:01:11

But actually I really am going to go to bed EARLY tonight (10pm) but feel free to slate make helpful suggestions, I will be back tomorrow no doubt.

grin

norksinmywaistband Thu 05-Nov-09 21:08:09

I am currently wearing one of the same style from last years style.

They are warm and I chuck it on like a housecoat blush whatever I am wearing.

It also doubles instead of a jacket for milder days.

chattermouse Thu 05-Nov-09 22:15:39

I love Boden but am not too keen on the pattern, colours and style of that piece. I think you will get better and cheaper elsewhere. I tried the sailor hoody in the sale (they still have them in green and white stripe on the sale section of the site). It was not worth the money and was too short in the body. I sent it back. I don't reckon boden is the place to go for leisure wear.

norksinmywaistband Fri 06-Nov-09 00:09:44

Mine is in plain navy

AcrossThePond Fri 06-Nov-09 01:33:17

I have the navy striped sailor hoody and it is on the light side but I buy from Boden for uniquness and always with a discount. If you like the pattern, I think it'll be nice and comfy.

shockers Fri 06-Nov-09 01:45:29

I like it in the green!
(I bought the sailor hoody in green/white... I must have a short body because mine fits well and I really like it!)

Oumasrusks Fri 06-Nov-09 05:54:19

I have that top in the green and the teal. It is lovely quality and so, so warm. The green is a gorgeous colour. The teal one is a nice colour too, I just prefer the green. I would order your usual size if you are going to get one - definitely don't size up as I found it to be on the bigger size.

plumblossom Fri 06-Nov-09 06:59:19

I have a Joules top, it's so warm and cozy.
www.joulesclothing.com/pages/category/uk/Womens_SweatshirtsandFleeces.html

ADifferentMe Fri 06-Nov-09 08:59:19

I have two from last year (they were very reduced in the sale). Only criticism is the length. I'm 5'9 and they ride up and freeze my back and tummy.

This year's long stripey hoody is a good length.

I've bought various cashmere jumpers (reduced) from TK Maxx and M & S and find them just as warm without the bulk.

jamaisjedors Fri 06-Nov-09 11:51:00

Thanks everyone. That's really helpful.

I might try the local sportshop or something for other hooded cotton stuff.

I can't wear cashmere or any type of wool unfortunately, it itches my eczema.

Will look at Joules too.

Any other suggestions for hooded (preferably zip-up) tops?

florenceuk Fri 06-Nov-09 12:08:09

White stuff? hoodie

Or H&M - nice and cheap. Gap make an acrylic/cotton cardy in the loungewear range which looks nice and soft.

abra1d Fri 06-Nov-09 12:20:28

Does it have to have sleeves and hood? I have a wonderful gilet (gillet?) from Crew and it has a fake fur lining--more glam. than it sounds. It's really warm. I have worn it for weeks and weeks every year for the past four years.

chattermouse Fri 06-Nov-09 13:45:39

A bit out of leftfield i know but this gorgeous North face Nuptse vest is just beautiful! So it is not a hoody, but it is fab for casual use. They are such useful little jackets. i wear mine so much from autumn to spring. Great for weekend outings where you are between cars and indoors. One of my best buys ever!

www.blacks.co.uk/product/040834.html

jamaisjedors Fri 06-Nov-09 18:33:52

That is nice chattermouse but I think I'd feel I was sitting around the house in a coat iyswim!

I have a black vest/gilet thing I wear - as you said it's v. useful.

It doesn't have to have a hood abra1d but I think sleeves are essential, I have no warm jumpers, only acrylic/cotton/viscose ones or alternatively my usual sitting around the house fleece.

So what I really need are clothes for Mn-ing! (cold and draughty rooms and miserly green-minded DH)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now