Talk

Advanced search

Please help - tips on how to walk in heels.

(9 Posts)
Marioandluigi Thu 05-Nov-09 16:30:51

I am going out for the first time in three years and have treated myself to 4 inch stripper heels. Im more of a converse girl and I am walking in them like a constipated carthorse. Please help me to walk naturally in them

bonfirewithaheartofgold Thu 05-Nov-09 16:32:26

you're not supposed to walk in them...

RemyMartin Thu 05-Nov-09 16:42:52

I don't wear heels often, but I find it gets easier after a couple of drinks, so maybe if you relax it will help.

frakkinaround Thu 05-Nov-09 16:48:01

Practise!

Don't treat it like walking on tip-toe but don't put too much pressure on the heel. It helps if you sort of roll your hips so the movement comes from there and not from the knee/ankle. Imagine trying to walk along a straight line...

BunnyLebowski Thu 05-Nov-09 16:48:27

grin at constipated carthorse

Those 'party heels' gel thingys are quite good.

Another tip I've read (but not tried) is dipping the soles of your feet in vodka. Apparently it numbs them so you don't get sore. Seems like a waste of good booze to me grin

Don't wear tights - they cause serious slippage

Lean back, walk tall and wiggle your hips. You'll be like jello on springs in no time wink

bran Thu 05-Nov-09 16:52:13

When are you going out? I usually find that I need to wear heels around the house for a couple of hours a day for several days beforehand to get my balance and to harden my feet a bit (I tend to get blisters on the soles of my feet, painful).

BiscuitFace Thu 05-Nov-09 16:56:32

crutches?

jemart Fri 06-Nov-09 12:22:29

Don't. You'll fall off them and sprain your ankle.
Take 4 inch heels back to the shop and get smaller ones.

teameric Fri 06-Nov-09 12:42:14

agree with jemart, I can't walk in heels at all and just end up looking like a right twat, it's a shame though cos there are some gorgeous shoes out there , if you really are determined though then go for it of course you can buy little ballet slipper things now that fold up in a bag in case you get to the point at the end of the night when you can barely feel your feet through the pain wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now