Talk

Advanced search

Tunics - coats and keeping warm

(7 Posts)
nappybrain Thu 05-Nov-09 14:59:20

Hi what looks good over the top of a tunic. I am struggling a bit with this especially coat wise. It looks a bit like a bag lady if your coat is shorter than the tunic so am i right in thinking jackets are a no no and you have to wear a long coat?

NorkilyChallenged Thu 05-Nov-09 15:24:13

Very good point.

Was thinking about this earlier as have just got into the whole idea of tunics but had forgotten that I am Always Cold. Indoors and outdoors.

I'm guessing that yes, your coat needs to be longer so at least knee length? <clueless emoticon>

nappybrain Thu 05-Nov-09 15:53:18

My problem is I have lots of tunics and tend to wear jackets..hmm And i feel the cold if I am not wrapped up! Lots of pics of models in tunics do not have them wearing a coat. Perhaps I am just a softie!

Amandoh Thu 05-Nov-09 15:58:37

Shivering Southern softie here...

I wear tunics and knitted dresses above the knee but wear coats that reach the tops of my boots or that are at least a little longer than my dress.

Clure Thu 05-Nov-09 18:07:45

I have just ordered this coat in the hope of solving this very problem

NorkilyChallenged Thu 05-Nov-09 18:27:35

Ooh lovely looking coat Clure, though it doesn't look toasty warm to me? (maybe you're not as nesh as I am though)

Clure Thu 05-Nov-09 18:56:34

Thanks. I am of the hot blood brigade, though may need to wear a cardi under it. hoping it won't be too flarey either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now