Talk

Advanced search

help with clothes please???

(2 Posts)
pink1970girl Thu 05-Nov-09 14:13:29

hiya, i am looking for some clothes advice please. I am 39 years old, 5ft 4" tall weigh about 10 stone, maybe a bit less, daren't check!, i have big thighs, and a bit of a post 2 babies belly, and wear 36d.
I am wearing the same things i quickly bought after dd1 was born 4 years ago and need a change.
the shops are crazy, please don't take this the wrong way, it sounds a bit stereo type but top shop and DP seem full of stuff that's too low and short for me and M and S has stuff for those who are as old as my mum and have money to burn. ooh and can't stand the quality of primark... where do i start, i want a good mix n match smart and casual wardrobe, please????
thanks in advance xxx

NorkilyChallenged Thu 05-Nov-09 14:36:23

hm, might need to ask more questions...

What do you spend more time doing? For eg, I'm a similar age, 2 dc in the last 3 years, clothing rut type just now. I have read a LOT on S&B which has helped me formulate some ideas. I figure I work 2.5 days but am at home 4.5 days, so focus on my casual stuff. I have 2 toddlers so it has to be machine washable, practical, warm, suitable for the park and for snotty/yoghurty/sticky fingers.

So...

What do you want to focus on first? Casual or smart?

Smart - is that for work or for evenings or for what? (need to know a bit more about your lifestyle)

What kind of colours do you like?

Are you most comfy in trousers? jeans? pjs grin?

What do you have that you like? Clothes, shoes, coats, etc?

You're 36D but what size clothes are you normally?

Anything else (abiding hatred for roll necks, fear of anything green, etc) you want to tell us?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now