Talk

Advanced search

Is this THE ever searched for coat??

(20 Posts)
navyeyelasH Wed 04-Nov-09 22:52:02

warm, waterproof but is it stylish?

After about 3 months of looking and saving I have £200 to spend on a decent coat. Can I find one I love. No.

Humph. This is as near as dammit though - but possibly a bit gross aktho not as gross as most?

Katisha Wed 04-Nov-09 22:56:02

Looks good to me.

pollywobbledoodle Wed 04-Nov-09 22:57:49

that's as good as a warm duvet style coat gets!

navyeyelasH Wed 04-Nov-09 23:04:12

oh no polly don't say duvet!!! Do you really think it's duvet ish? I was thinking most of the north face puffy ones were more duvet and sausage like.

Bugger!

pollywobbledoodle Wed 04-Nov-09 23:09:20

it's like a harrod's duvet coat rather than a wilko's onegrin

think it is v stylish for a warm waterproof winter coat..

navyeyelasH Wed 04-Nov-09 23:14:33

I woder what the blue in here is. I love blue!

Does cod use MN any more wasn't she a shopping legend? Surely she would know?! Cod was befre my time so have never met her this is all folklore of course.

cornsilkwearscorsets Wed 04-Nov-09 23:17:10

I'm not keen.

navyeyelasH Wed 04-Nov-09 23:20:46

I'm not madly keen either but it seems it's either that or 3 in 1 gortex sad

I am a childminder so need a warm waterproof coat with a hood; I take DC to the park in the rain, school runs, generally puddle stomping etc. I could be tempted to go for a waterproof coat that has room for a jumper.

But can't find either. I'm eithe rthrowing £ at the problem and it's not getting solved. sad

cornsilkwearscorsets Wed 04-Nov-09 23:22:08

This is nice but £££

momijigari Wed 04-Nov-09 23:22:54

haven is the one I have, quite similar, comes in black, brown, pale blue and olive green, it is warm, waterproof, windproof, but stylish??? not really, but I have seen worse, this at least stops me from feeling miserable when the weather is completely pants.

I am not keen on clothes with conspicuous logos.

momijigari Wed 04-Nov-09 23:25:23

Oh and the merrell is slim(ish) fitting, but somehow stretchy/roomy enough for layering, not that you will need layers because it is very toasty.

navyeyelasH Wed 04-Nov-09 23:25:32

cornsilk, I don't likt it. It reminds me (god knows why) of that insulation stuff you put oin the loft. Of those emergency blankets you use to keep warm.

Have seen that Merrell one and I do like it; don't think my big boobs would though!

cornsilkwearscorsets Wed 04-Nov-09 23:26:05

Quite like this

cornsilkwearscorsets Wed 04-Nov-09 23:26:44

lol at insulation!

momijigari Wed 04-Nov-09 23:27:03

I am a 30FF if that helps!

navyeyelasH Wed 04-Nov-09 23:28:01

hmm is it waterproof cornsilk? Think I might look like michellin (SP?) man in it?

Just hoping in bath! Be back in 10

cornsilkwearscorsets Wed 04-Nov-09 23:33:56

Dunno!

navyeyelasH Thu 05-Nov-09 00:02:14

momijigari 30FF crikey! I'm a 34DD so you must be a lot slimmer than me and maybe tallish? I'm short and round, like a weeble! grin

ScaryMotherWhoScreeches Thu 05-Nov-09 00:06:53

I like the merrell ones.

That John lewis one is minging. Sorry.

Cod's still here btw, you just need to recognise her.

momijigari Thu 05-Nov-09 00:09:54

nope I am short, only 5ft, I am convinced bra sizes are changing, nightmare finding bras to fit my weird boobs, I am between a 10-12 size wise, getting more matronly by the year!

The Merrell is very stretchy, I cannot wear fitted jackets due to my mahoosive norks, but this works, it is also easy to move in, due to stretchy material, I am slightly evangelical about the Haven, the only niggle is I wish it was longer, it is mid thigh on me, so I am glad I am short(for once)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now