Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy maternity pyjamas?

(22 Posts)
CocoK Wed 04-Nov-09 22:32:12

Something soft and feminine that isn't super pricey? Happy to get non-maternity nightwear in a bigger size - just don't know where to look. Suggestions please!

cakeywakeywhizzbangmakey Wed 04-Nov-09 22:34:22

I got all of my pjs in Matalan when I was pregnant. Super cosy, not too expensive and could mix and match bottoms and tops (and sizes) because they sell them all as seperates, not sets.

BikeRunSki Wed 04-Nov-09 22:34:49

I had some mat PJS from Mothercare, and some from JoJo. And some yoga pants in a huge size from Peacocks.

cakeywakeywhizzbangmakey Wed 04-Nov-09 22:35:03

oooh, and the tops were vest-types, not the 'buttons and a pocket' jobs (which I hate)

KnitterInTheNW Wed 04-Nov-09 22:35:39

I got mine from mothercare. They were super comfy and had drop down strap things for BF later.

KnitterInTheNW Wed 04-Nov-09 22:36:46

I got mine from mothercare. They were super comfy and had drop down strap things for BF later.

I just got some non maternity ones from primark too, £6 a pair and lovely soft cotton.

MamaG Wed 04-Nov-09 22:37:11

I bought mine in Primark, stretchy fabric. Botoms were £4 each IIRC, got black and navy to avoid embarrassing leakage in hospital after birth! [tmi]

scotlass Wed 04-Nov-09 22:38:40

Primark. Don't go anywhere else. i lived in my PJS that cost £6 at the latter part of pg and initial post natal. Top had buttons for bfing and bottoms had a stretchy waist

cakeywakeywhizzbangmakey Wed 04-Nov-09 22:41:49

Oh, and I wore my Matalan bottoms with H&M breastfeeding vest-tops when I'd had DD. I still wear the vest-tops now - single most comfortable garment I have ever owned. And dead long so your bum stays warm smile

CocoK Wed 04-Nov-09 22:43:03

Thanks ladies! I've been thinking about Primark - do they do maternity wear?

scotlass Wed 04-Nov-09 22:51:09

Not sure, I just bought the next size up and it was fine

MamaG Wed 04-Nov-09 22:51:39

No, I just went a size up. They are v sretchy and comfy. Am actually wearing a pair now blush. And did actually wear them on teh school run a few times blushblush

LetThemEatCake Wed 04-Nov-09 23:34:08

Yep, Primark in a larger size for me. Soft, stretchy, cheap- so I did not care when they got stained and discoloured by stretchmark oil or if they got trashed by, er, other stains post natally

DebbieButler Thu 05-Nov-09 07:53:06

Have you seen this maternity nightwear site? Pulls together ranges from different retailers and makes it easy to have a look online.

Sammy74 Thu 05-Nov-09 11:11:58

I got mine from Next - I never usually buy things from there as I find it a little frumpy.

However their maternity PJ's were lovely and I still wear them now even though DD is 12 months haw haw.

susiey Thu 05-Nov-09 11:18:14

I just wore non maternity trouser under the bump and a long maternity tshirt. maternity pyjamas were really expensive for what they were and no use after the birth.
tesco/ sainsburys will have the christmas pyjamas in soon they are really reasonable and do to big sizes

found the mothercare ones really uncomfy

Bettymum Thu 05-Nov-09 11:22:29

Primark - just get a bigger size. I gave birth to DD in a delightful spotty Primark nightshirt - will hopefully give birth to DC2 next April in the same one grin.
They are cheap enough that you can get a couple of extra sets to take to hospital with you if that's where you're planning to give birth.

CocoK Thu 05-Nov-09 17:30:35

Just got two bottoms and one top in Primark for the grand sum of £11 total. As I'm already a Primark size 16/18 it wasn't easy to find something truly huge to grow into, and one pair of bottoms are covered in nuclear pink butterflies while the top is a lovely shade of granny rose. But hey! At less than a third of the Mothercare one I've been looking at, that's pretty good value. Great advice girls - thanks.

Eleene Sun 29-Nov-09 09:48:45

Hi

Have a look here for maternity nightwear

BonjourIvresse Sun 29-Nov-09 12:03:07

la redoute?

Juddyn Mon 08-Dec-14 21:20:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mommathatwearspink Tue 09-Dec-14 11:09:58

Figleaves do some lovely nightwear but it is a tad pricey. New Look do some nice bits too but they were always out of stock when I wanted to order.
During my hospital visit and for a few week postpartum I lived in Primark nightwear (I just sized up)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now