Talk

Advanced search

Stripey Breton dress - big purchase please help!

(10 Posts)
monkeysmama Wed 04-Nov-09 21:39:37

My beloved sister is 30 next month (expect a few more threads which refer to this fact)

She asked our darling mum to knit her a Breton style dress. Mum did a trial run but it's just not right (she's going to make the sample into a scarf for me insteadgrin)

So, we've seen a French Connection dress which seems to fit the bill. It has to be stripey, slash neck and have sleeves. She's a 12 with 34F chest.

Has anyone seen this in RL or tried it on? Have you seen a similar dress anywhere?

Thanks very much in advance

MM

noddyholder Wed 04-Nov-09 21:42:40

I have big boobs and tight and stripes would be horrendous on me!But that dress is lovely although looks the sort of thing you'd have to try on

Pollyanna Wed 04-Nov-09 21:44:50

I have that dress, and it is lovely. but my boobs are smaller than your sister's.

Pollyanna Wed 04-Nov-09 21:45:22

(I'm following you around style tonight Noddy)

monkeysmama Wed 04-Nov-09 21:45:56

I know and I have the same sized boobs (though had to breastfeed to get themenvy) but she is very into the stripey Breton style stuff and pulls it off like a Parisienne.

monkeysmama Wed 04-Nov-09 21:47:22

Pollyanna - how tight is it and how accurate is the sizing?

noddyholder Wed 04-Nov-09 21:55:27

grin Thats lovely although I am officially frump of MN so what do I know?

Pollyanna Wed 04-Nov-09 21:55:31

fine - the 12 fits me ok and doesn't pull across the chest at all. I have the bigger size in the black too which is looser, but I got this because I felt that the tighter one was less forgiving on my tummy than my chest. but I am a 32 c/d .

Pollyanna Wed 04-Nov-09 21:56:26

well I don't think so Noddy! (although obviously I am sexless if I have that jigsaw dress).

allaboutme Wed 04-Nov-09 21:59:06

I am 12 with 34E boobs and I would look like a sack of shit in that dress
The neckline is too high for big boobs and it looks a bit clingy on the tummy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now