Talk

Advanced search

Sequinned leggings

(10 Posts)
happilyeverafter Wed 04-Nov-09 21:25:23

I bought some today, tried them on with dress/shoes and think they look quite nice.

Have I gone mad? Outfit is a tulip skirted bodycon dress with black platform courts

tulpe Wed 04-Nov-09 21:32:44

okay. How old are you? What size are you?

I quite like them too but I would wear them with black over-sized slouchy jumper and heels or shoe boots.

But then I am 38 and the last time I wore bodycon was back in the very early 90s!

happilyeverafter Wed 04-Nov-09 21:38:16

26, 5"10, not skinny (size 12-14, hourglass shape).

Bodycon dress is v.flattering but shorter than I'd normally brave hence the leggings.

Otherwise could do coloured tights but am strangely enamoured of the sparklyness of these.

WickedWitchSouthWest Wed 04-Nov-09 21:42:36

oo! I do like the sound of your outfit! I'm pregnant and living in leggings and various big t shirts / dresses / jumper dresses at the mo. I quite fancy some sparklies for the party season, seeing as my bodycon dress is now out of commission due to the pot belly!

Can I ask where you got yours please?

tulpe Wed 04-Nov-09 21:49:27

Well I definitely would say you have the height to carry it off envy

AlaskaNebraska Wed 04-Nov-09 21:50:19

why is there an age limit her imposed by US!!! crazy

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 04-Nov-09 21:54:15

Hear, hear, AN. Join my protest against ageism on MN!

Saw a woman wearing them on Saturday at a party, and thought they looked awful. Sorry.

<old gimmer emoticon>

happilyeverafter Wed 04-Nov-09 21:59:31

Just showed DH and his eyes lit up They are keepers on that basis.

WWSW these are the sparklies http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=true&catalo gId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=151931&parentcategoryrn=118411&productId=1212760&langId=-1

Thanks for help Tulpe, couldn't decide if they are too sparkly but will be wearing them for christmas parties so twinkly pins should fit in with the decorations

WickedWitchSouthWest Wed 04-Nov-09 22:06:42

Thank you!

I think they're perfect for the party season

tulpe Wed 04-Nov-09 22:22:20

AN - agree, age was probably irrelevant but given happilyeverafter was wearing with bodycon dress, I wanted to know. Tis my personal opinion that bodycon dresses are best left to women of a certain age otherwise they do look muttony.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now