Talk

Advanced search

Bought myself a jacket from Stella McCartney Gapkids

(13 Posts)
VerityBrulee Wed 04-Nov-09 13:39:07

I was intending to get the cashmere hoodie for ds1 and ds2 for christmas and the tutu for dd. But tutu not in until 16th Nov, and in the end after carrying the hoodies around the shop, decided the boys wouldn't really like it, it was beautifully soft, but too, well, grey. Couldn't justify 200Euro for jumpers they wouldn't be crazy about.

So I got a short trench for myself, well, it would have been rude to leave without buying something. Got the XXL and it fits fine, is a beautiful shade of amethyst/grey, lovely cotton and lots of nice details. Can't see myself wearing til spring though.

There wasn't really anything else I was tempted by, tbh, although the little cashmere baby sweaters are lovely, but we're past that stage in this house.

Swedes2Turnips0 Wed 04-Nov-09 14:30:33

Oh sounds exciting.
Did they have the military coat?

<pants>

VerityBrulee Wed 04-Nov-09 15:22:43

Only in small sizes, but the gray cashmere is lovely and the 10-11 would fit me, I'm size 10, it was 100 Euro/65 pounds (outrageous exchange rate btw) so thats really cheap for cashmere.

traceybath Wed 04-Nov-09 18:06:52

Ooh where are you VB? There was no cashmere or coats in the bath store.

VerityBrulee Wed 04-Nov-09 19:06:32

In Dublin, it was deserted, was there yesterday to look, and today to buy and had the place to myself on both occasions. The advantage of living in a style backwater wink

weepootle Wed 04-Nov-09 21:57:02

Just had a look at that little coat- it's lovely, which store did you get it from VB? What (adult) size are you normally?

Does anyone know which stores are stocking the range?

dexter73 Wed 04-Nov-09 22:22:41

They had some in the Oxford branch today.

VerityBrulee Wed 04-Nov-09 22:23:53

Where you can get it

I'm usually an 8-10, the XXL fits me fine, but I wouldn't be able to fit much underneath. In the jumper, which is fab, a 10-11 fitted me nicely, the 13 was too baggy. If grey suits you, rush out and get it, it's a really good buy.

marthastewart Thu 05-Nov-09 13:40:24

Ummm, am new to this, sounds lovely but do have to pick you up on Dublin being a style backwater!! - Am guessing you were in GAP Dundrum - it's not Sooooo bad is it??

weepootle Thu 05-Nov-09 19:00:56

Thanks for the info VB and dexter. smile

VerityBrulee Thu 05-Nov-09 21:47:06

Ah, Marthastewart, I wasn't being serious, we have Harvey Nicks and Brown Thomas, of course we are stylish smile

marthastewart Fri 06-Nov-09 17:22:27

Yes! I knew that, can't let the side down though! wink BTW just new to this forum but already managed to save 60 euro today on a coat at Dundrum due to message I saw somewhere on this page re vouchers - so was well worth logging in!

VerityBrulee Fri 06-Nov-09 20:45:02

Great to see another Dubliner on here!

Sadly my dc go to school 5 mins drive from Dundrum, and it is all too tempting on a wet, windy morning - I was there 3 times this week blush, just nipping in for bread and milk, via House of Frasers shoe dept wink

MN and shopping - couldn't get by without them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now