Talk

Advanced search

Wallis Teal Pocket Dress

(16 Posts)
bratnav Tue 03-Nov-09 19:59:59

this one

I bought it the other night after trawling through the thread as I thought it was lovely, but have a slight problem, I am BFing DS and am likely to be for some time.

My question is, can I wear it with leggings so I can lift it to feed? I would probably wear it with black/brown knee high boots if that makes any difference.

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 20:01:47

Erm......at home, yes but I wouldn't BF in public in that dress. I would feel like I was showing my pants - even with leggings on.

Tis a lovely dress

PutDown Tue 03-Nov-09 20:02:08

I am sure it would be fine with leggings.
Am considering it myselfgrin

AlaskaNebraska Tue 03-Nov-09 20:02:34

ah
i got it today and sent it back. liked it but wasnt sure.
no way could you lift it
its deffo a dress.
but hey if oyu went soemwhere where oyu had privacy you could.

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 20:03:57

When I say "wouldn't BF in public in it......" I would BF in say a "parent & baby" room in it. Just not in the middle of Starbucks

bratnav Tue 03-Nov-09 20:07:03

Bugger it, I never use M&B rooms, I like to chat too much and usually have 3DDs with me so would take up the whole room.

I will probably have to send it back as DS is only 9 weeks sad

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 20:12:23

Bratnav, if you are convinced you love it sooo much, would you not consider keeping until either DS has cut down on number of BF feeds - ie when they are weaned and just having a morning and evening feed (assuming you BF that way) or for when stopped BFing altogether?

Or how about looking for a similar shaped dress but one with a cross over top to allow for BFing? H&M have some lovely ones in at the mo. They did them last year too and they wash and last beautifully, imo.

bratnav Tue 03-Nov-09 20:13:05

I thought it looked tunic-y enough to get away with it IYSWIM

bratnav Tue 03-Nov-09 20:16:28

tulpe, do you think it will still be in fashion then (about 5-6 months time)?

Also, would H&M dresses allow for BF breasts, I am currently an E cup (first and last time for me, I am normally a B/C grin)

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 20:21:44

Yes, I think this kind of tunic type dress has been around long enough to be sticking around for at least another year or so. Vogue declared the death of the tunic dress some time last year but the high street and designer collections are still full of 'em

H&M dresses definitely allow for breasts. I am a C cup too but go up to a D during my period. Dress is more than roomy enough to accommodate my more ample bosom . Just remembered, that a mate of mine also has similar dress from H&M and she is particularly well endowed in the breast department (think G cup!)

The jersey is also nice and thick so stretches but doesn't lose shape and will spring back once washed

coolkat Tue 03-Nov-09 20:23:52

I ordered that to and I wore with 80 denier tights but think leggings woud have been better.
I would wear if I was feeding still, just drape a muslin under you IYSWIM. I was pleased with mine.

fishie Tue 03-Nov-09 20:28:43

i think you could pull it down rather than lift it up. that brings its own issues of course but i've got the summer sleeveless version and it seems pretty well made so wouldn't go all wobbly round the hem which h&m probably would.

bratnav Tue 03-Nov-09 23:58:29

Thanks. I'm off to the shops with lovely MIL tomorrow so will check out h&m and wait and see what the dress is like on when it arrives

bratnav Wed 04-Nov-09 19:56:14

Dress arrived today, looks like a sack on me, but somehow still makes me look fat sadhmm

MarthaFarquhar Wed 04-Nov-09 22:46:46

bratnav, I had the same problem with it - both sacky and slutty all at once. Not a good look.

think it was not for those with curves.

bratnav Thu 05-Nov-09 19:22:39

I have plenty of those at the moment Martha wink

Did you find a replacement?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now