Talk

Advanced search

Please please help my find a nice, trendy dress that isn't too short! I'm about to give up!

(11 Posts)
janjas Tue 03-Nov-09 15:59:36

I am going shopping next week for a dress for a wedding in December. I have been looking for ages and can't find one that suits me anywhere. I am relatively tall, (5ft 6), slimmish (10/12) but have quite big thighs and big calves!! Hmm sound lovely don't i! For that reason I don't want anything too short but really want to wear a dress. I can get away with just below my knee but this season all dresses seem to be mid thigh.
I have about £100 to spend and would love something that goes with some beautiful grey diamante shoes that I have.
Please help me!

janjas Tue 03-Nov-09 16:00:43

Just re-read my title and just to clarify, I don't mean particularly "trendy", just young and modern!! Thankyou x

here

here

here

here come in tall too

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 16:34:28

The one from Next is the best, imo.

If you have big calves, you want a dress which finishes just at your narrowest point (which on me would be just above my knee or below). However, ime, just above is more flattering with chunkier legs.

i thinki next one is nicer tha the others too. So hard shopping for other

janjas Tue 03-Nov-09 19:56:05

Thankyou! I like the Next one too but have tried above the knee dresses and for some reason they look terrible on me! I love the blue Monsoon one!

bonfirewithaheartofgold Tue 03-Nov-09 20:01:58

i think the first monsoon one is by far the best but i appear to be channelling my inner goth atm so you may wish to discount my opinion.

<hijack - lisad how was you dinner, did you do the cheese?>

LOL yes I updates cheese thread earlier today

Clure Tue 03-Nov-09 21:13:03

dress 1
dress 2
dress 3
love this but it wouldn;t go with your shoes!

and its over budget wink

janjas Sat 07-Nov-09 10:11:10

Just seen your last post Clure! Thankyou, I had seen the Warehouse one myself and love it! I think it could be a possiblity! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now