Talk

Advanced search

So, I got some Duo boots for the first time....

(8 Posts)
PuppyMonkey Tue 03-Nov-09 15:53:20

And they seemed okay, but a bit loose at the ankle. Can put up with it. I wore them yesterday properly for the first time to work and a bit of the zip has broken off somewhere and now it's lost (the bit that says Duo on).

And I really can't be arsed to pack em up and send them back (they are worn now anyway). But for £120, I'm not that impressed. sad

mejon Tue 03-Nov-09 15:56:29

But you only wore them for one day! Do you mean the bit you use to pull up the zip? If so, then surely it will be impossible to do them up/pull them down properly. Ring them up and ask for a replacement pair and insist that they pay postage as they are faulty.

PuppyMonkey Tue 03-Nov-09 16:01:18

There's a little tag that attaches to the actual zip, that's the bit that's missing. I can still sort of push the zip up, that still works, it's still there iuswim.

yes i should ring, you're right. but you know when you can't be arsed with something and it's all a big hassle. Sigh.

mejon Tue 03-Nov-09 16:12:38

Yes you should!!!! £120!!!!! (sorry for my ! frenzy) - maybe they could send you a spare tag or something rather than have to send the boots back. You really shouldn't have to 'put up with it' at that price after just one wear.

PuppyMonkey Tue 03-Nov-09 18:05:57

Thanks mejon!!

!! grin

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 18:09:12

I would be sending them back too or asking for a replacement tag, at the very least (altho not sure how easy that would be attach hmm ).

TBH, I would be sending them back even if they only cost £20 if that's the outcome after 1 wear.

brimfull Tue 03-Nov-09 18:15:35

yes dammit call them !
livid on your behalf
although I can relate to the can't be arsed attitude

and I also had pair of duo boots that were baggy at the ankles
eventually sold them on ebay as they looked v un flattering

PuppyMonkey Tue 03-Nov-09 18:42:56

Hoping DP will be able to attach the replacement tag (if they send one). He's very good with his hands. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now