Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Frumpy hair

(6 Posts)
Bumperlicioso Tue 03-Nov-09 14:11:05

I need help! I have always hated my hair and never found a cut I liked, or known how to style it. My hair is dead straight and fine. It is currently in a bob halfway down my neck due to an unfortunately incident with peroxide, never to be repeated that I am trying to grow out.

When I wash it I occasionally blow dry it, but mostly wait for it to dry then use straighteners to 'curl it under' however this style is a bit late 90's for my liking, a preppy kind of bob. I am 28 and and really envy all the college girls round here with there flicky hair, all volumised and with cute little pearl head bands etc. How can I modernise my look. I'm not adverse to a hair cut though am thinking more about styling it so I don't look 10 years older than I am! But I don't want to try and look 18 either, I just want a nice up to date style. The only thing I refuse to do to my hair is to get is cut short boy-style, I don't like it and can't carry it off.

I have an oval shaped face with slightly angular, petite features, and small eyes

Help me! I'm a hair-frump!

Bumperlicioso Tue 03-Nov-09 14:35:26

Oh, and I am in the process of growing out a fringe, but would put it back in for the right style.

Amandoh Tue 03-Nov-09 14:54:38

If you're not adverse to a cut then what about this '30s flapper style?

Bumperlicioso Tue 03-Nov-09 19:07:22

That's really nice but I wonder if my hair is too fine to pull it off? I need a lot of hair to make a fringe that thick.

Amandoh Tue 03-Nov-09 19:18:23

Yes, didn't think of that. I have fine hair too and couldn't have such a heavy fridge.

Amandoh Tue 03-Nov-09 19:20:27

Oh Lord. I wrote fridge!

I meant fringe obviously. I hope I never get to the point where my hair dictates my choice of white goods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now