Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

preparing feet for flip flops - how do you do yours?

(23 Posts)
sallystrawberry Thu 16-Jun-05 13:04:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bundle Thu 16-Jun-05 13:05:45

flexitol

LGJ Thu 16-Jun-05 13:07:23

More like welly boots needed here

Where does one purchase flexitol pray tell ??

sallystrawberry Thu 16-Jun-05 13:07:42

Ulysees Thu 16-Jun-05 13:08:02

Didn't know you wore flip flops sally? I've just knackered my feet with some sandals that are too tight across the top I'll have to get myself some more flip flops, need to shave my big toes first though

NomDePlume Thu 16-Jun-05 13:08:41

I think Boots do Flexitol

Ulysees Thu 16-Jun-05 13:09:01

here

sallystrawberry Thu 16-Jun-05 13:09:33

Ulysees Thu 16-Jun-05 13:09:41

It's got wee wee in it

NomDePlume Thu 16-Jun-05 13:11:42

WRT to foot prep, I use a mint & lemongrass foot scrub on dry feet whilst I'm waiting for my bath to run, give it a really good massage in especially around the heel area. Soak it off in the bath, then dry. Every other night I use a foot file after soaking to get rid of hard skin (lovely), and apply a couple of thin-ish layers of mint & lemongrass foot cream before bed. Takes about 5 - 10 mins all in (not inc bath soak, obv).

Satine Thu 16-Jun-05 13:11:44

I have to grate my heels with a pumice and then cover them in cream and wear socks at night, otherwise they look rally dry and cracked, which I hate. Worth the effort though when people notice my lovely feet!!!

Ulysees Thu 16-Jun-05 13:22:15

mine are ok, pretty smooth really. Could that be because I walk around barefoot all the time at home?

Gillian76 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:25:16

Mine are disgusting. Currently trying to do a repair job with DDs Diprobase in time for my sister's wedding. Will have to get in with the pumice sson though!

NomDePlume Thu 16-Jun-05 13:25:49

I find foot files are much better than pumice. They give quicker results and are easier to use IMO

Gillian76 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:26:39

Never seen a foot file, nomdeplume. Will have a look next time in Boots

bundle Thu 16-Jun-05 13:27:08

pumice doesn't touch mine. one of those rough cheese-grater type thingies is the only way..plus lavish amts flexitol. then socks, keep on overnight if you can bear it. repeat twice a day until you see difference.

teeavee Thu 16-Jun-05 13:28:12

anyne tried neutrogena foot crean for dry feet ? I 'm considering buyin some for my flaky feet...

nailpolish Thu 16-Jun-05 13:28:13

i bite the bullet every summer and go to the foot clinic (very ashamed about the state of my feet but they always reassure me "theyve seen worse" lol)

and then every night (or when i can be arsed) i put vaseline on them then wear cotton socks in bed, really works

and of course, i paint my nails with nailpolish

LipstickMum Thu 16-Jun-05 13:33:32

Sit in front of your favourite tv show (I will be doing this in front of Murphy's Law tonight) with your feet in a washing-up bowl of warm water with a few drops of lavender oil, or something nice and relaxing.

Clean your toenails with a decent nailbrush i.e bristles that don't bend.

Gently rub your feet with a pumice or foot file, but I wouldn't be too rough, if they're in a bad way, it may take a few sessions!

Dry feet off, slather in chosen foot cream, pop on socks and relax with a box of choccies to watch the end of the show

Keep on doing this every week until your feet look like a newborns!!

nailpolish Thu 16-Jun-05 13:34:37

oh i lurve murphys law! great idea lipstickmum

LipstickMum Thu 16-Jun-05 13:46:08

I love it and James Nesbitt too! Although it seems to have got quite hardcore/violent this series..? Having my feet in soak might be a good distraction from the horrid bits

nailpolish Thu 16-Jun-05 13:49:39

lol! i will think of you as i do it tonight

Ulysees Fri 17-Jun-05 21:18:52

Is there any way of toughening up the skin between your big toe and next one? Daft Q I know but I'm in agony Only worn them for a few hours today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now