Talk

Advanced search

Equivalent of warm hiking socks for toddlers?

(8 Posts)
Leeka Tue 03-Nov-09 12:13:13

Can anyone recommend good, warm socks for my 2-year old? We tend to go through the winter wearing ski socks or hiking socks, and it seems a bit unfair that my DS wears the thin ones that are standard for kids.

He usually wears Gap or H&M standard cotton ones, and wondered if anyone had come across any warm and snuggly ones, and where you could get them from?

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 13:05:22

My only recommendation would be to buy ski socks for him. They have them in very small sizes (my DCs have all worn them from a year old on annual ski trip). Try TK Maxx for bargainous pairs. Ellis Brigham usually have good baby/toddler selection too.

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 13:06:11

or try Muddy Puddles - they are experts for childrens outdoor/ski wear

Kathyis12feethighandbites Tue 03-Nov-09 13:07:18

We couldn't find any so we had to get my mum to knit some! Do you have any knitting grannies?

JoeJoe1977 Tue 03-Nov-09 13:08:50

Muddy Puddles do wellie socks, they don't have a heel in them so you can buy them big and they last for ages.

here

GrimmaTheNome Tue 03-Nov-09 13:10:46

I did get some small hiking socks for DD when she was about 3/4 (but small footed) but can't remember now where - one of the baby/kids catalogues

BikeRunSki Tue 03-Nov-09 13:11:38

I recently bought DS (14 months) these Snow Tot Socks - high wool content, so shoudl be toasty. Took him out in his backpack in the freezing wind and rain at the week end - no complaints! They do a bigger size called Snow Bugs.

Little Trekkers are fab for all that kind of stuff

Leeka Tue 03-Nov-09 18:52:18

Ooh, thank you - lots of suggestions here, will check out the sites. Normally I'm an ebay only person, but might make an exception for these!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now