Talk

Advanced search

jeans and a scarf

(15 Posts)
addictedtomn Tue 03-Nov-09 09:44:51

where to start? i actually need a whole wardrobe overhall but this will do for now i think!

i need a new pair(s) of jeans i only have 3, one with a hole in the knee so never wear them, one that i feel are too short but have to wear them and one that is too big and baggy and practacally live in them!

i only wear jeans and am very specific about the type i wear. i used to buy them from next but they no-longer do them.

i like the kick flare, not too skinny on the leg, and a bigger flare than a boot cut (they are too skinny)

i'm also looking for a scarf, more of a fashion one than practical, skinny and long iykwim.

now oh wise mumsnetters please can some one point me in the right direction? i would be forever gratefull

mad4myboys Tue 03-Nov-09 09:52:46

have you tried the kick flare that next do in latest catalogue? There are loads of lovely bright scarfs about too. Again next! Mind you sainsburys had some nice ones the other day!

ScotGirl Tue 03-Nov-09 10:08:26

Red Herring in Debenhams do a nice kick flare. So do Miss Selfridge surprisingly. Not shops I would normally go but have had 2 good jeans purchases from them recently.

Have you tried straight leg. I used to think they were a no no (that is skinny I have found). Straight leg are surprisingly flattering and you can tuck them into boots

addictedtomn Tue 03-Nov-09 11:02:53

i had 1 pair of stright leg that i loved, i only ever wore them with boots, but then i got fatter and never replaced them, but i dont usually like non kick flare jeans because (and i know this sounds crazy) they make my feet look too long and show off my shoes too much blush

the flare jeans in next are a skinny flare and too skinny.

but thanks for the tip about debinhams i will pop in tomorrow smile

KristinaM Tue 03-Nov-09 12:07:21

you want to avoid gap and new look skinny flares as they are very slim on the thigh

addictedtomn Tue 03-Nov-09 12:10:51

oh ok, i was going to try gap! will avoid, i'm sure they will only make me sad then. thanks

KristinaM Tue 03-Nov-09 12:18:20

sorry, do not wish to make you sad. i only know as i have skinny thighs and these makes fit me well on legs ( though tight on flabby tummy blush)

i find M&s flares baggy on legs

clothes and shopping should make you happy smile

addictedtomn Tue 03-Nov-09 13:06:02

i mean trying on my size and it being too tight will make me sad!

shopping is just such a chore somedays!

SparkyMalarky Tue 03-Nov-09 13:08:55

If you're in M&S have a look at the limited collection scarves - there are a couple that are great (and some that are not...). I'm very fond of scarves as they always fit me (unlike my jeans.... )

addictedtomn Tue 03-Nov-09 13:15:46

grin thanks

BikeRunSki Tue 03-Nov-09 13:19:45

White Stuff have some skinny scarves, except they call them neck warmers.

tulpe Tue 03-Nov-09 14:44:11

Can't help on the jeans issue but try H&M for a scarf. I buy loads of scarves (and other accessories) from there. They are always cheap and cheerful and last for ages and through endless washes.

waitingforgodot Tue 03-Nov-09 14:47:32

New Look do kick flare I think.

addictedtomn Tue 03-Nov-09 18:28:48

i ended up in matalan as i couldnt find anythin anywhere else and fell in love with this and these

couldnt find a scarf tho sad its not quite what i was after but will give me more time to find something i really really like!

AlaskaNebraska Tue 03-Nov-09 18:30:50

nice pointelle scarves in gap - v soft

other place is ( oddly) next - got a great purple silver one there last year
and H and M for a leopard one this year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now