Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Oh god DS has made an unspeakable, unremovable mark on the only suit I own and I have a job interview tomorrow!

(15 Posts)
Restrainedrabbit Mon 02-Nov-09 19:15:09

I have been a lecturer for 7 years so haven't needed much in the way of smart 'office' type clothes for years, when I have worn something smart it has been quirky too as befits my job grin

The only other thing remotely suitable is a red LK Bennett shift dress which I could wear with opaque tights and blacks shoes, but I have nothing to go over it www.lkbennett.com/products/clothing/clothingdresses/clothingdressesalldresses/trellis/pid-30303brown dress like this but bright red.

SHRIIIEEEKPoolingBearBlood Mon 02-Nov-09 19:17:38

are you sure the mark is unremovable? Try sticking the suit in the ashing machine on a hand wash cycle if you have one (if it's ruined anyway??)

alarkaspree Mon 02-Nov-09 19:17:50

Could you wear the dress with a long-sleeved top underneath, and leave your coat in reception/the car?

Restrainedrabbit Mon 02-Nov-09 19:18:46

The interview is in the morning and I don't have a tumble drier Its spag bol - regurgitated!

Restrainedrabbit Mon 02-Nov-09 19:19:35

What sort of long sleeved top would you suggest?

SHRIIIEEEKPoolingBearBlood Mon 02-Nov-09 19:20:08

surely it should come off!!
On radiator and put them on? Or over banister? What have you got to lose?

oranges Mon 02-Nov-09 19:22:33

The LK bennett dress is fine with tights and black shoes- it has sleeves so you don't need anything over it. Don't stress about the suit or try to clean it. Just relax and prepare for the interview.

SHRIIIEEEKPoolingBearBlood Mon 02-Nov-09 19:23:07

good luck!

oranges Mon 02-Nov-09 19:24:37

Where a long sleeved black teeshirt underneath it if you have one, but if not, bare arms are okay too. Honest. Or do you have a grey or black cardigan type thing?

Restrainedrabbit Mon 02-Nov-09 19:37:20

I've got a long sleeved black t-shirt but not a black cardi - got a pink one and a green one though smile

Conscious of making a good impression.

Clure Mon 02-Nov-09 19:39:28

green cardi over the dress would look fine I think

oranges Mon 02-Nov-09 19:40:36

Where the t-shirt if it goes. I actualyl wonder if just wearing the dress alone is better. Don't worry about the cardigan. You'll make a good impression by being presentable, relaxed and confident. Dont get too hung up on the suit matter. good luck smile

alarkaspree Tue 03-Nov-09 18:57:14

How did it go?

Restrainedrabbit Wed 04-Nov-09 19:27:57

I wore the dress in the end with black opaque tights and plain black shoes, I also found - hiding in a box - a black knee length trench coat type thing. So I wore that over smile

I didn't get the job cos I am overqualfied apparently hmm BUT they did offer me something else better paid so grin. I obviously dressed to impress!

Thanks for all the advice.

StealthPolarBear Thu 05-Nov-09 15:42:42

Brilliant well done!!
(now buy a new suit!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: